R.I.P Shirley Temple

theSHE124

Reaction score
Shirley was a superstar before the term was invented. Amen to that!! LOL! Tabloids seems to ridicule how child stars would never move on...but not Shirley, most surprisingly! She found an advantage for her former stardom in a much different field. Her precociousness will definitely be remembered for both actress and diplomat. :smile:

I wonder if my grandparents still have that VHS tape of little Shirley Temple as Heidi? :confused: Maybe next time I visit them, we can watch that...

mr3urious

Reaction score
Shirley was anything but washed up when she moved on from acting. She sure accomplished a lot in her adult years, and should be remembered for that as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow. I thought Shirley Temple had been dead for years...

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I thought she died by the time I was a sophmore in high school, but when I researched about her while I was goofing off and had no homework to do, she was alive and still around. I feel so guilty for not contacting her or how wonderful she was as a child actor and a diplomat.

Anyway, I used to have an MP3 of the Dumbo read-along and the voice... it sounded so sincere, but lovely. The more I listened to it, the more I realized that this narrator was Shirley Temple. The child star back in my grandparents' days? That's interesting!

The songs I remembered o used to hear the most was, "Animals Crackers In My Soup", "On The Good Ship Lollipop" or just "Lollipop." Once I listen to those silly songs with that beautiful voice Shirley had, they were stuck in my head.

:sing:Animal crackers in my soup
Monkeys and rabbits loop the loop
Gosh oh gee but I have fun
Swallowing animals one by one
In every bowl of soup I see
Lions and Tigers watching me
I make 'em jump right through a hoop
Those animal crackers in my soup:sing:

Let's not forget the Muppet Show version with different variations of the song.

I feel like getting some Shirley Temple films from the library... so I will miss her, but her legacy and the songs will live on.

BTW: Heidi is one of the Shirley Temple films I haven't seen at all.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
She was a wonderful young star. I'm surprised she did other things other than acting like being one of the first advocates for breast cancer research and being involved in politics.
RIP Ms. Temple, you were a talented little girl and a strong, powerful woman. We will miss you.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I thought she died by the time I was a sophmore in high school, but when I researched about her while I was goofing off and had no homework to do, she was alive and still around. I feel so guilty for not contacting her or how wonderful she was as a child actor and a diplomat.

Anyway, I used to have an MP3 of the Dumbo read-along and the voice... it sounded so sincere, but lovely. The more I listened to it, the more I realized that this narrator was Shirley Temple. The child star back in my grandparents' days? That's interesting!

The songs I remembered o used to hear the most was, "Animals Crackers In My Soup", "On The Good Ship Lollipop" or just "Lollipop." Once I listen to those silly songs with that beautiful voice Shirley had, they were stuck in my head.

:sing:Animal crackers in my soup
Monkeys and rabbits loop the loop
Gosh oh gee but I have fun
Swallowing animals one by one
In every bowl of soup I see
Lions and Tigers watching me
I make 'em jump right through a hoop
Those animal crackers in my soup:sing:

Let's not forget the Muppet Show version with different variations of the song.

I feel like getting some Shirley Temple films from the library... so I will miss her, but her legacy and the songs will live on.

BTW: Heidi is one of the Shirley Temple films I haven't seen at all.
You should see Heidi. I've seen several of her movies, and that's most likely my favorite....