Questions about anything

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why is it that today's generation of music has so many negative messages, usually about drug use and sexual relations?
There is nothing more obnoxious than those who put a pedestal up for imaginary simpler times and love to find fault with the current things that are almost exactly the same. Saying that today's music is dirty without looking at how absolutely filthy things really were is just as bad as those who are whining about how terrible Justin Beiber and One Direction are like it's the first time in history that they made crappy music for 12 year old girls. You know, because N*Sync, the Backstreet Boys, and New Kids on the Block never existed.

Every older generation whines about how shallow the next generation's music is when they completely forget how shallow a lot of theirs was.

But yeah... there are worse songs. And they're used for freaking commercials out of context.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Saying that today's music is dirty without looking at how absolutely filthy things really were is just as bad as those who are whining about how terrible Justin Beiber and One Direction are like it's the first time in history that they made crappy music for 12 year old girls. You know, because N*Sync, the Backstreet Boys, and New Kids on the Block never existed.

Every older generation whines about how shallow the next generation's music is when they completely forget how shallow a lot of theirs was.
Hey, yeah. Heck, when I was a kid in school, the popular songs on the radio contained lyrics like, "Even when you lick my boob", and "We were both butt naked, bangin' on the bathroom floor"... and we were hearing this stuff on the bus... and we always had to double up on buses, so we shared our bus routes with elementary school kids.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey, yeah. Heck, when I was a kid in school, the popular songs on the radio contained lyrics like, "Even when you lick my boob", and "We were both butt naked, bangin' on the bathroom floor"... and we were hearing this stuff on the bus... and we always had to double up on buses, so we shared our bus routes with elementary school kids.
Ughck... was it that really odd R&B music where they said dirty sexual things, and the music is disproportionally romantic? I hated that crap in the 90's. Of course, I wasn't exactly a huge fan of 90's music to begin with.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There is nothing more obnoxious than those who put a pedestal up for imaginary simpler times and love to find fault with the current things that are almost exactly the same. Saying that today's music is dirty without looking at how absolutely filthy things really were is just as bad as those who are whining about how terrible Justin Beiber and One Direction are like it's the first time in history that they made crappy music for 12 year old girls. You know, because N*Sync, the Backstreet Boys, and New Kids on the Block never existed.

But yeah... there are worse songs. And they're used for freaking commercials out of context.
Crappy boy bands with nice haircuts are nothing new. Back in 1967, The Who and Jimi Hendrix won the crowds over at the Monterey Pop Festival. Then The Who spent the rest of the summer opening up for Herman's Hermits, and Jimi Hendrix warmed up for the Monkees.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Is there a word yet for a female bromance? Or a bromance that's between a guy and a girl (yes, it's possible...:stick_out_tongue:)?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
See, that time, I was being tongue-in-cheek. :stick_out_tongue:

Otherwise, that's just it - platonic's really the only word for it. "Bromance" is another example of today's annoying slang.