Philip Seymour Hoffman (1967-2014)

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
A man just died, a wife lost her husband and three children lost their father. Can we please not compare him to others' drug use and blatantly spit on them, especially when they're women? Just mourn his death and acknowledge his work as an actor. THAT is what this thread is about!
AllyBee, I did not bring up that kind of stuff. It was someone else and don't blame me. What's so sad is I didn't see all of his movies. I will have to catch up on that much later.

You're right! (sniffs) We don't care about how he died anymore... he's just gone, but not forgotten.

I am so sorry! :cry: I feel terrible and I wished I gave him more respect and honor and not that piece of garbage or junk I meant earler. (sniffs)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, but unlike those two, at least Philip Seymour Hoffman actually had a really decent career otherwise....Like Lindsay Lohan, for example, she practically threw her career away in favor of hard partying, petty thievery, drugs and alcohol... Philip Seymour Hoffman, on the other hand, pretty much had a handle on his career.
It really depends. Some addicts can hold down jobs but that's not good in a way because it can convince you that you don't really have a problem.

How it happened shouldn't be forgotten because this is a mistake Hollywood continues to make. But there is also no point in trashing anyone. We all have problems. I wish his family well and hope people will remember his work tonight.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I loved him in Twister and Along Came Polly! Another great celebrity taken away too soon. RIP. Philip.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
AllyBee, I did not bring up that kind of stuff. It was someone else and don't blame me. What's so sad is I didn't see all of his movies. I will have to catch up on that much later.
I was talking about D'Snowth.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was merely pointing out the difference between Philip Seymour Hoffman's problem and other celebrities' problems.

I like how you always overly dissect everything I say and jump to conclusions about the nature of my posts.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's bad enough that we lose the lives of those who are so miserable that drug use is their only escape, but it's horrible when it's the life of an accomplished, talented actor is taken. Especially since Hoffman did give the stuff up for decades until recently. That's the real tragedy right there.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I was merely pointing out the difference between Philip Seymour Hoffman's problem and other celebrities' problems.
Which you (or anybody else for that matter) do not need to do! Also, those who take drugs do so for different reasons and, while it's not the right choice, we shouldn't shame anyone for that. Your post came off as shameful towards Amy Whinehouse and Lindsey Lohan and hero glorifying towards Hoffman. All these cases are sad (yes, even Lohan's) and we shouldn't treat one differently from the other.

Drug addiction is a very serious matter, something (I am told) that cannot be cured no matter how sober the individual is.

I like how you always overly dissect everything I say and jump to conclusions about the nature of my posts.
It's called 'calling you out on your bullcrap' because you say so many stupid things it makes my head hurt.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Yeah, but unlike those two, at least Philip Seymour Hoffman actually had a really decent career otherwise... or, at the very least, he wasn't known for having drug problems, whereas others are so public with theirs (in addition to questionable lifestyles such as Amy Winehouse) that drug use is what they become known for. Like Lindsay Lohan, for example, she practically threw her career away in favor of hard partying, petty thievery, drugs and alcohol... Philip Seymour Hoffman, on the other hand, pretty much had a handle on his career.
People only choose to use drugs once, and after that...they're usually hooked. He should have sympathy if he ever got that depressed....

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Yes he will. I haven't seen much he's in, but I do love his role in Patch Adams....yes I like that movie deal....