• Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While we have another thread for the commercials, this one is for discussing the big game itself.

Cast your vote and let us know your thoughts on next week's Super Bowl! Denver has the number one offense and Seattle has the number one defense in the NFL so it should be a very interesting matchup.

What do you predict will be the final score? Discuss your predictions and give game opinions before, during and after the Super Bowl.

Let's see if Muppet fans can predict the winner.

Please note the above poll will close once the Super Bowl is underway on Sunday February 2.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I've got to go with Seattle here, I think that their pass defense is enough to slow down the Broncos offense slightly, and they have enough on offense to exploit the holes in the Broncos defense, especially with two weeks to plan.

My guess is the final score will be something like Seattle 31, Denver 24.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Home rep, go Broncos! Looking forward to the Muppet commercial airing during the Bowl as well.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Seattle's defense stopped in 49ers in their tracks (more turnovers in the second half than the Niners gave up all season), so this game should not be boring.

The only thing I'm steering clear of, since I live aboput 15 miles from MetLife Stadium, is the traffic nightmare you'll see next Sunday. Route 3 which passes by the stadium is a virtual parking lot at the best of times. Good day to stay in.

Teheheman

Reaction score
This should be a hard game to predict. The Seahawks #1 ranked Defense against the #1 ranked Offense of Denver.

On Denver's side: Peyton Manning, who can find ANY hole that a defense has, and has a way of making even the best Defenses look like his team was playing a pee-wee football team. On Seattle's side: A Defense whose corners and secondary make the best offenses look really bad.

THAT BEING SAID: I think it's gonna come down to the running game. Lynch is probably one of the 3 best RBs in the game today. He can make a rope wall miss him. BUT, Moreno and Ball are a hard combo to take down. The Running QB can be a factor because Manning can't really scramble, where Russel Wilson can.

Denver's Defense isn't THAT bad, they aren't as shutdown as Seattle's is, but it's not bad.
I say that it's gonna be close. I think that whichever team can control the 2nd half will win. Seattle's great at making the 2nd half their game(As evidence by the Championship game last week). BUT, Denver can put a whole game together, so unless Seattle can lead Denver into a false sense of security, then it's Denver's to lose I'm afraid. I'm personally rooting for a good game and great commercials lol.

Daniel

cjd874

Reaction score
Totally true! I can't decide between Peyton Manning the throwing QB or Russell Wilson with his running game. Plus Peyton has a good receiver in Wes Welker, and Russell has running back Marshawn Lynch to help him out.

Even more interesting to me: how will Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers fare during the halftime show?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Isn't it early this year? I thought the Super Bowl was towards the end of February.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't it early this year? I thought the Super Bowl was towards the end of February.
The Super Bowl has been the first Sunday in February for the past ten years or so. It used to be at the end of January before the additional bye week before the Super Bowl was added.