Muppet Film and TV References

Drtooth

Reaction score
I also noticed he used Boober and Mokey. They're considered a couple by most Fraggle Rock fans.

Of course, they used Fraggle Puppets that weren't available until a couple years ago when the show takes place in the 80's... but it's always nice to see a rare Fraggle Rock reference. Especially the line "Fraggles can't be nurses! They dance their cares away!"

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I also noticed he used Boober and Mokey. They're considered a couple by most Fraggle Rock fans.

Of course, they used Fraggle Puppets that weren't available until a couple years ago when the show takes place in the 80's... but it's always nice to see a rare Fraggle Rock reference. Especially the line "Fraggles can't be nurses! They dance their cares away!"
That's the problem with shows that take place in the past-sometimes, they accidentally use stuff that came out years later. For example, an episode of That 70's Show had someone calling another character "Lady Lovelylocks" (that franchise came out in the 80's) and in Saving Mr. Banks, a kid at Disneyland wore the red cowboy hat from "Toy Story" (which came out more than 40 years after the movie takes place).

I also find it funny that Boober and Mokey are often shipped by Fraggle fans! That makes the joke even funnier...

The one they said was a girl was Mokey. Mokey is, in fact, female.
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with Fraggle Rock, which is why I said Mokey was a boy. Thanks for correcting me.

Bridget

Reaction score
That's the problem with shows that take place in the past-sometimes, they accidentally use stuff that came out years later. For example, an episode of That 70's Show had someone calling another character "Lady Lovelylocks" (that franchise came out in the 80's) and in Saving Mr. Banks, a kid at Disneyland wore the red cowboy hat from "Toy Story" (which came out more than 40 years after the movie takes place).

I also find it funny that Boober and Mokey are often shipped by Fraggle fans! That makes the joke even funnier...

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with Fraggle Rock, which is why I said Mokey was a boy. Thanks for correcting me.
You are so right about the toy story hat. I was wondering, wasn't Pixar's Toy Story in about '98 or '99?

Dr TeethFan

Reaction score
American Dad
Steve:Wait...I know what this is about,you're all bailing cause people made fun of us
Snot:Maybe we are too old for sleepovers,we're not kids anymore
Barry:There's a person inside Big bird!!!

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
That bit on The Goldbergs was a scream. I put up a separate thread about it in the Fraggle Rock section of this forum. Good to see more of you guys caught that, too.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Yesterday, on The Simpsons, they played 'Muppet Chess'.
Fozzie 5 to Gonzo 7
KERMIT MATE
Wocka-Wocka
or something like that.

Daniel

Teheheman

Reaction score
Tonight, on the Simpson's, Bart ate a frog and the guy said 'So you're the reason I had to dissect a Muppet'

Daniel

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Was watching Faceoff, a series on the Scyfy Channel (stupid name change). The makeup monster maker competitors had to create their versions of never-before seen monsters from the jungles of Loompaland as mentioned in Charlie and The Chocolate Factory by Roll Dahl. The last female competitor, Chloey, was assigned the vernicious kannip (SP?) but it ended up looking like a wilted venus fly-trap.

One of the judges called it a prostitute-looking cousin of Madame Marjory Trash Heap from Fraggle Rock.
Points for knowing who the character is and her full correct name. :zany:

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I spotted two weeks' worth of references to The Muppets Take Manhattan on ABC's Tuesday-night sitcom Trophy Wife.

In Parts 1 and 2 of "The Wedding," Kate (Malin Akerman) points to a clip of Kermit and Piggy's wedding scene - playing on her laptop - as inspiration for her "re-wedding" to husband Pete (they eloped in the pilot episode).

The second episode culminates with a surprise wedding ceremony on an airplane en route to a relative's funeral, and Kate walks down the aisle in her wedding dress while one of her family members plays Piggy singing "He'll Make Me Happy" on her iPhone.

I have a love-hate relationship with MTM and that wedding scene in particular, but Mrs. Otter and I agreed that the whole thing was kind of sweet.