Your Thoughts: Lady Gaga and The Muppets Holiday Spectacular on ABC

queendean

Reaction score
My 8-yr old daughter and I watched it thinking it would be a family holiday show. It was totally disgraceful and inappropriate for the Muppets. All Lady Gaga did was promote her new album. The muppets were like commercials in between her songs. It was disappointing to say the least. All my daughter said was that Lady Gaga was ugly and doesn't wear enough clothes.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Just saw it on YT last night. I thought it was somewhat decent & Muppety, but there were some parts I thought were funny, like that one bit where Zoot says something about his sax having had the same reed in it since 1962, and Dr. Teeth smells it and says "smells fresh", and those 2 "bumpers" with Animal, Beaker, and the Swedish Chef. The 2nd bit with these 3 was pretty good. I had no idea Beaker was a great keyboard player. Swedish Chef was awesome on the bass!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Now that the thread is bumped, let me say this: Can you guys please stop complaining about the Gonzo puppet? Seriously! They've been using that puppet since 2009. I would have thought you'd get used to it by now. I did.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Now that the thread is bumped, let me say this: Can you guys please stop complaining about the Gonzo puppet? Seriously! They've been using that puppet since 2009. I would have thought you'd get used to it by now. I did.
I agree.

Fans tend to complain too much about the looks of the puppets and should, instead, just focus more on enjoying the show. :smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score

Just because they've been using it for a while doesn't mean it's still not horrible looking.

Drtooth

Reaction score
My 8-yr old daughter and I watched it thinking it would be a family holiday show. It was totally disgraceful and inappropriate for the Muppets. All Lady Gaga did was promote her new album. The muppets were like commercials in between her songs. It was disappointing to say the least. All my daughter said was that Lady Gaga was ugly and doesn't wear enough clothes.
Quality of the special aside, you clearly have the Muppets confused with the Sesame Street characters.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I've been checking out some of Lady Gaga's acoustic performances (and some jazz covers) on Youtube lately, and I have to say I'm impressed with what I've heard.
Two of my favorites:

Cover of "Orange Color Sky":

"Edge of Glory":

Why can't we get stuff like this from her more often? Oh right, because nowadays it's all about pop/autotune (or whatever the heck you call it). :frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wouldn't say the current Gonzo is horrible-looking, however, there does seem to be something off about it, I think it's either the shape or the proportions of the head.