New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasey Kockroach

Reaction score
Yes, even I'd say the 2011 movie was above most other projects. Still not great, but in some aspects a step in the right direction.
Does this movie look terrible? Yes, it does. My expectations are very low. Am I still going to be first in line to see it? E'yup. It's the Muppets for goodness sakes. I don't even care if it turns out I'm right and the film is awful. I'll just be happy to see the characters again.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Yes, even I'd say the 2011 movie was above most other projects. Still not great, but in some aspects a step in the right direction.
Does this movie look terrible? Yes, it does. My expectations are very low. Am I still going to be first in line to see it? E'yup. It's the Muppets for goodness sakes. I don't even care if it turns out I'm right and the film is awful. I'll just be happy to see the characters again.

Terrible? Really? Wow! I can understanding not appreciating the trailer, but that's a rather irrational and extreme reaction that borderlines on trolling.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I don't want to fight. Really. But what about this makes it look terrible? Scooter singing "Moves Like Jagger" is hilarious. It seems as though they PURPOSELY made it look lack luster. The Muppets should not sing songs like that if it were meant to be serious, but that scene was OBVIOUSLY supposed to be a joke. (Believe me, I HATE that song, so I'm not just saying this because I think it's a classy song. I don't think it is.) And no offense to anyone who does like that song. Just my opinion.

I really want to know what you think makes it look terrible, though.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Let's just say this. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and nobody can change that. MC is a friendly place, and I think we should just put this behind us, and stay on topic with this thread.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Here's a break-down of one of the "official" trailers for Muppets Most Wanted:

• Disney title card = to be expected
  • Intriguing and mysterious opening = nice set-up
  • Constantine’s reveal and wonderfully humorous accent = funny
  • Fozzie & Walter’s newspaper gag = funny
  • Kermit’s set-up in front of wanted posters = plot
  • Tina Fey’s introduction = funny
  • Constantine practicing Kermit’s voice to an old Sesame Street clip = hysterically funny
  • Constanine’s introduction to the Muppet gang = funny
  • Gonzo’s running of the bulls with Salma Hayek = traditionally funny
  • Gervais’ introduction as “Badguy” = traditionally funny
  • Constantine & Gervais’ funny banter = one of the best moments in the trailer
  • What looks like to be one heck of a gulag musical number with Fey, Liotta, Hornswaggle, Trejo, Hiddleston and Kermit. = epic funniness
  • A montage of memorable Muppet moments = encouraging
  • Miss Piggy’s bit of plot exposition = it has to go somewhere
  • Ty Burrell’s tiny car and banter with Sam = traditionally funny
  • A list of many brief cameos in the film = in the great Muppet tradition
  • Full-body Constantine dancing on Gervais’ head - in the great Muppet tradition
  • An exciting helicopter escape with many Muppets included = exciting
  • Fozzie “Flintstoning” the tiny car = funny
  • A humorous exit for Fey & Kermit = funny

**the Moves Like Jagger wasn't in this clip, but I'd say that is in perfect keeping with Scooter's dreams to be a star and it's probably a quick cutaway in a longer montage = funny

This might not hit all the sweet-spots with every fan, but it definitely hits more than it misses to avoid such negativity. Seriously, I have very high standards, but some fans will never be pleased.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
While I can see why some people don't like Scooter's "Moves Like Jagger", everyone seems to be forgetting when at least a fifth of the musical numbers on TMS were topical, contemporary hits of the day. Heck, they did "Tomorrow" from Annie mere months after it came out on Broadway.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I haven't said anything negative until that post. And then suddenly everyone jumps at my throat. I'm basically being told to sit down, shut up and praise everything.
I'm going to reiterate what JVcaroll said.

There's constructive criticism, and there's being the party pooper that picks apart everything with such a negative vibe. You're not being told to shut up and praise everything. You're basically being called out on insufferable amounts of negativity, and your complete vagueness about what's so awful about this film. Not to mention throwing the old manipulative assumptions on older projects being completely different than when they're doing the same exact thing.

I'll agree with the vast majority here. Nothing in the trailers suggests this will be anything less than an enjoyable film. Anything you see wrong, while your opinion, is something we just can't agree to or relate with.

Status
Not open for further replies.