New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Cool! A Monsters University short will be fun.:smile: And great to see some of the Muppet characters in the new movie here. I hope some that have not been featured in the last movie will make their way back to this one... :skeptical: and Sal and :electric: would be great to see. And Clifford and bigger screen time for :shifty: and Robin. And Pops, Timmy Monster and Big Mean Mama.....

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I've made it through about nine of those behind the scenes interviews and all I got out of it was a bad case of envy and a strain of jealousy. What I would give to have that honour of being on a Muppet set....Some bloggers didn't even seem to appreciate the experience.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Ah. I bet this is the one that was initially going to be attached to The Good Dinosaur, before that movie was put on hiatus for a year (kinda disappointed on that one). I loved MU, but I really think they need to expand the universe with shorts and TV specials. There's so much untapped potential in the other characters they didn't have time for in the film.
I could not agree with you more on this, there's such a detailed world they could go into from that movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They probably did...and then had to cut it to fit 90 minutes. I do know of an entire subplot about a school play (perhaps mimicking the "Put that thing back Where it Came From or So Help Me" sequence from the first film) was lopped off, as was a callback to Mike and Sulley knowing each other since 4th grade (which wouldn't have worked given the context of them having to re-introduce themselves in college years later... plus, you know... time limits).

Though I do think they should repurpose the school play sequences for another short.

Kasey Kockroach

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but from everything I've read and seen...Stoller and Bobin don't 'understand' these characters at all.
I'd prefer not to rant about the whole matter, but I will touch upon one aspect.
http://www.toofab.com/2014/01/07/muppets-most-wanted-set-visit-secrets
Apparently, Tina Fey (a human, if I recall correctly) is getting a musical number, "The Big House". While of course Gonzo only gets to sing a few verses in the whole movie (I don't recall he even sang at all in the last movie).
I at first wished to think of it as, it's no different than, say, the celebrity numbers on the Muppet Show. Not every number was Muppet-focused, and we accepted that just fine.
But, I'm afraid there is a difference. According to the autobio, Jim wanted to make sure he was on good terms with every guest on the show. So there's kinda this need to make sure the creative staff was on the same wavelength as the guest. That hasn't happened here. It's pretty much Hollywood people hanging out with other Hollywood people.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
There's nothing about Muppets Most Wanted on that page.... just other news

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but from everything I've read and seen...Stoller and Bobin don't 'understand' these characters at all.
I'd prefer not to rant about the whole matter, but I will touch upon one aspect.
http://www.toofab.com/2014/01/07/muppets-most-wanted-set-visit-secrets
Apparently, Tina Fey (a human, if I recall correctly) is getting a musical number, "The Big House". While of course Gonzo only gets to sing a few verses in the whole movie (I don't recall he even sang at all in the last movie).
I at first wished to think of it as, it's no different than, say, the celebrity numbers on the Muppet Show. Not every number was Muppet-focused, and we accepted that just fine.
But, I'm afraid there is a difference. According to the autobio, Jim wanted to make sure he was on good terms with every guest on the show. So there's kinda this need to make sure the creative staff was on the same wavelength as the guest. That hasn't happened here. It's pretty much Hollywood people hanging out with other Hollywood people.

I see nothing to be concerned about - at all. I don't see where any of these gripes are addressed in the article. Muppet Christmas Carol contained a lot of Muppetless moments, probably more than this film. As for the camaraderie on set, it seems that Gervais still has some great ties to the experience and the performers.

I understand why some people were upset with some elements the last film's treatment of the material. This film seems to correct those. I have friends yelling at me for not telling about this film sooner. The consensus I'm hearing is that this could easily be the best thing they've done in decades.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
A lot of my fears where taken away when I read that they are trying to go for more mayhem, and fun in this one. I also like the fact how they said they had one song in mind from the past, but where looking more forward then backward with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.