Reflections in Foam

Java

Reaction score
Yes, I am seriously going to update this. I'm working on my next chapter now. (I'm sad that I don't have it ready for posting today.) Your email has remained in my inbox the entire year as I've thought a lot about it.

Hope you had a happy holiday as well too. Hugs! :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Don'g worry if the new chapter's not ready just yet today, so long as it gets posted. As I mentioned elsewhere, I've got scenes that have to be written for a thirteenth enry to my Calendar series of fics, dunno if you've gone through them all by now. My holidays were pleasantly spent thinking of everyone and the memories stored in my mind, listening to MCR, and having fun here when I can when not banning spambots. Currently working on the FLI's overhaul, thanks and have a vonderful day Java.

Java

Reaction score
As I went to write the next chapter, I realized that the last chapter was really incomplete. Not to mention I found continuity issues as I went back over this story to find where I was and what I wanted to do. I will clear those up later. What I can do now, is post what had been left out of chapter 18 at the time I originally wrote it.

I also want to thank you all for bearing with me as I come and go from MC so frequently. I couldn't ask for a better place to be.

Java

Reaction score
Chapter 18 (continued)
The shadows of the flames danced across the faces around the fire. Animal panted lightly as they looked from one to another than stated simply, "Ro - bin."

"He's called you on it babe," Floyd agreed. "That version of the story is Robin worthy."

"Like, his was too."

"Indubitably, my lady, Animal's story is left unembellished for his sake rather than ours." Dr. Teeth's grin was slightly strained as he looked at Janice.

"Man, I totally don't want to discuss all of the inappropriate contracts I found myself in. I played guitar as a hobby and saw the audition as a way to get out of a super mean situation for awhile."

"Babe..." Floyd trailed off as he took a hold of Janice's hand.

" You all helped me put that behind me." Janice continued looking down at her feet as they made jittery patterns in the dirt. "Now the only time I want to think about it is when I make my monthly donations to the shelters. "

Zoot leaned forward taking a risk in letting his band mates know that he was more aware of the conversation around him than he liked to let on. Turning his head Zoot spoke plainly, "There's power when you share."

"Like, what do you think I do each year when I insist on going out alone. I totally go back and educate young chicks at my alma matter."

"Most duteous of you my good lady." Dr. Teeth nodded humbly, "Most duteous."

Kermit watched the rise and fall of his friend's chest as he mapped the plans out in his head. He knew that Scooter was on his way with all that he could round up but he really needed back up now.

Carefully Kermit scrolled the contact list in his phone to find the one that he was looking for. Hesitating, Kermit's finger hovered above the name.

It was really late for a phone call. Although, in a time of need...

Ready to apologize profusely Kermit pulled up the number and hit send. After two rings a groggy voice barked into the phone.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh hey... An update! *Hugs for Java, adores the thought of Janice going back to help other young girls from making the same bad/dumb mistakes she feels she made in the past, that's something rully important in today's age.
*Loves Floyd being there supportively for Janice, taking her hand to coax her out of wallowing too much in her own past.
*Admires that both Animal and Zoot can have/share their own clarity on the situation before them, and Dr. Teeth lending that air of sage understanding.
*Hopes Kermit can get whoever he called to actually help his situation.

Thank you for posting. :smile:

Java

Reaction score
I don't mean to tease, but this is itching to get out and I can only write so much as I am supposed to work in the morning. I make no promises as to how quickly I will return with the next part of the chapter. :embarrassed:

Java

Reaction score
Chapter 19

“Well, I am sure glad that you guys showed up here.”

Clifford glanced over at the door Rowlf had opened as he returned with the bitter nectar that would keep them awake through three am driving and saw no one.

“You know buddy, a hand would be nice.” Rizzo’s voice swept up to Clifford who was still unable to see the rat.

“You take these,” Rowlf thrust the drink carrier at him and then bent down to assist Rizzo into the RV.

“Wow,” Clifford shook his head, not understanding how Rowlf went into the truck stop alone and came back with another Muppet. “You never know who you’re going to find when we go out.”

“You can say that again.” Rizzo quipped. “Just what are you guys doing out here?”

Rowlf picked up Scooter’s clipboard and recounted the details they had gathered. “So, just how did you make it to a truck stop in Ohio?” Clifford asked.

“Food.” Rizzo replied and Clifford gave him a quick sideways glance.

“The same food that sent the Prawn back home?”

“No comment.” Rizzo scanned the back of the RV to make sure that Pepe couldn’t hear him. “Tell me this, did he bring the girl?”

Chuckling, Rowlf glanced back and smiled when he noticed that all innocent ears had been moved back into the RV bedroom before Scooter had crashed at the table. “Stay away from women, that’s my motto,” Rowlf said smiling at Rizzo.

“Oh, yeah. You think something better is going to come along?” Rizzo smiled back

Clifford nodded along as Rowlf and Rizzo sang. The miles passed easier this way. As the song concluded, Clifford pulled his phone out of his pocket and set it to record the stories he hoped would flow as easily as the song did.

“Which one of you wants to tell me your story? After all, I’m pretty sure that yours can’t be given to the frog.” Clifford nudged Rizzo.

“Right,” Rizzo nodded as he looked at Rowlf, “but you’re telling me that he can’t get his?”

“Kermit would appreciate it if he didn’t.” Rowlf closed his eyes as memories washed over him. Checking once more that they were alone he began…

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Whas this? Java? Returneth? And she posteth more or less what amounts to a promise of posting Rowlf's story?

Okay, I'll say it now so you'll be prepared... There'll be an army of long-gone zombie MC members coming after you to get Rowlf's story as part of this fic.
*Is carried out on stretcher as the refrain of "There Ain't No Grave Can Hold My Body Down" plays us out.

BTW: Hugs and welcome back Java. :smile: