Your Thoughts: Christmas at Muppet Central

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know what the name of the sketch is? I tried looking it up on Youtube and could not find it.
It's just a Sesame Street Newsflash segment with Santa. It would be great if someone could help with this.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our third holiday themed menu featuring Emmet Otter's Jug-band Christmas is now on our home page.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We received some nice publicity today... Thank you Hollywood.com!

Love the Muppets & Christmas? Listen to Muppet Central Radio

By: Molly Freeman

Walt Disney via Everett Collection

Although the next Muppets movie, Muppets Most Wanted, doesn’t come out until March 21, our favorite gang of felted celebs is getting in the holiday spirit. Since the day after Thanksgiving, Muppet Central Radio has played Muppet Christmas carols around the clock.

You can tune in to the 13th Annual Muppet Christmas Music Marathon on Radio Terra and Live 365. Muppet Central added 20 new songs this year, increasing their Muppet Christmas carol library to 325 tracks that will lead you dancing and singing into the holidays.

Included in Muppet Central Radio’s playlist are songs from the past 40 years of Muppets. Some songs we’ve heard are “The Man with the Bag,” “All Dressed Up,” and “The Christmas Queen.”

Two tracks we’re hoping to hear on the playlist are “Jingle Bell Rock” from A Muppet Family Christmas and “Fozziwig’s Party” from The Muppet Christmas Carol, which is the best Muppet Christmas movie of all time.

For fans of the Muppets, the gang has starred in plenty of holiday flicks like the television special A Muppet Family Christmas, as well as It’s a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie and of course The Muppet Christmas Carol.

Hopefully the Muppet Christmas Music Marathon will make the wait for Muppets Most Wanted just a little bit more bearable.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/movies/56635988/muppet-central-radio-playing-christmas-carol-music

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats to MCR on getting such a nice bit of good press. Makes me glad to be part of the MC community. :jim:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Wow- very nice! I always love listening to Muppet Central Radio when I can- and particularly at Christmas!:smile: Merry Christmas!:big_grin: :super::excited:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Woohoo We are not forgotten in the Muppet fan community! I love this forum, and sight and love that we had such a nice article! Awesome!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Phil, just sent you the two Leprechaun Brother bits from the Gaga special for the MCR Christmas music merrython. Not sure if you'd want Venus and/or Gypsy as well, LMK, hope this helps.

*Leaves a choc chip 5 cookie for the forum's administrator-type person.

MJTaylor

Reaction score
Yo. Loving the music that Muppet Central Radio is playing right now. And thanks especially for playing The Christmas Wish. It really spoke to me. And talk about going from the sublime to the ridiculous, Big Bird and Anne Hathaway's re-working of I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas was a real treat too.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our fourth holiday themed menu featuring Emmet Otter's Jug-band Christmas is now on our home page.