TV Alert: Sesame Street and Jimmy Fallon at Macy's Thanksgiving Parade November 28

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was also underwhelmed this is the first year since 2008 that the Macy's Parade didn't feature a Kermit the Frog balloon, but oh well.
I'd say it's disappointing, but I'd tend to think it was just stupid not to have the balloon of the movie that you're trying to promote. But at least they kept the Buzz Lightyear balloon to promote... the Halloween special that aired over a month ago. :rolleyes:

I'm also disappointed the Spider-Man balloon ripped. I bet the Daily Bugle would have a field day with J. Jonah Jameson declaring it the best Thanksgiving ever. Too bad the Elf on the Shelf didn't get punctured and torn to bits.

wiley207

Reaction score
First off, I was a little confused when they said "Jimmy Fallon and the Roots with the Muppets". I was a little thrown off when I usually expect the Sesame Street Muppets, not Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, and the gang.
It's a problem NBC has with the Thanksgiving Day Parade line-up. I also recall during the opening lineup announcements (you know, when the Theme to "New York, New York" is playing), they'd often say "The cast of Sesame Street! ...and the Muppets!" That often confused my brother into thinking Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie etc. would be in the parade, but I'd have to keep telling him "No, it ONLY means the Sesame Street Muppets!" At least they didn't make that mistake this year and last.

Though I do miss them having THE Kermit the Frog in the parade; I enjoyed his performances in 2008 and 2009. I even recall they'd usually announce him after the Sesame Street cast.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
The Sesame Street performance was better than I was expecting, and I'm really diggin' those cool Vine videos! Elmo had just the right enthusiasm during the parade from what I could see. Also, Matt Vogel's quite clearly performing the Count here, so I don't know why people are assuming Peter Linz performed him on the float.

However, I was (rather biasedly) dismayed that the Kermit the Frog balloon wasn't featured this year, and especially considering it could've been included to endorse the upcoming movie or the Thanksgiving special. I guess there were already too many sequels to promote :rolleyes:

wiley207

Reaction score
Also, Matt Vogel's quite clearly performing the Count here, so I don't know why people are assuming Peter Linz performed him on the float.
That's definitely Vogel's voice. IDK why, but at times his Count voice (like there) sounds like a Dracula-esque vampire out of a Scooby-Doo cartoon from the 1980s! I guess Matt Vogel decided to just use a basic Bela Lugosi Dracula imitation, like Jerry Nelson did.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Also, Matt Vogel's quite clearly performing the Count here, so I don't know why people are assuming Peter Linz performed him on the float.
You must have misread some of those comments. Peter admitted on his Facebook page that he puppeteered the Count on the float (as Matt was busy with Big Bird). Matt pre-recorded Count's voice.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Peter admitted on his Facebook page that he puppeteered the Count on the float (as Matt was busy with Big Bird). Matt pre-recorded Count's voice.
Ah, gotchya :wink: I don't have a Facebook, so I'm not up-to-date with all that.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Guys, maybe Matt got tired of being inside a giant yellow bird and came out to fool around, or he was messing with the Count puppet and they found him and made a vine of him.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
I'd say they just quickly filmed it before he suited up for the Bird and before the parade began.

Drtooth

Reaction score
However, I was (rather biasedly) dismayed that the Kermit the Frog balloon wasn't featured this year, and especially considering it could've been included to endorse the upcoming movie or the Thanksgiving special. I guess there were already too many sequels to promote :rolleyes:
At least it wasn't bumped by an Ask Jeeves Balloon. That was the parade's Crappy Balloon Event Horizon. Me, I just wish I didn't have to suffer through so much bad country music, all about sex (and not even subtle). I mean, really... ooh, it's the good wholesome downhome sound styling all about sex. The same exact subject we rake Katy Perry and the like through the coals for, but it's country music so it's wholesomely singing about it. One float had them singing in front of kids dressed as teddy bears. Any other instance of that would get you arrested.

And, ugh... that "internet sensation" kid. Sadly, now I have an appreciation for that Justin Beaverboy. They found someone worse than him. I don't know how they did it. I'm amazed there is a worse than Beaver.

I say this every year, but I really need to find a way to DVR this darn thing so I can skip to the balloons and Ninja Turtles and Despicable Mes without hearing such awful music by people we never hear of again.

Yorick

Reaction score
And, ugh... that "internet sensation" kid. Sadly, now I have an appreciation for that Justin Beaverboy. They found someone worse than him. I don't know how they did it. I'm amazed there is a worse than Beaver.
I'm surprised that Luis and Maria were the only humans (that have been around since the classic era) that were on the float.
Yes, I expected to see Bob, for one!