TV Alert: "Count Tribute" Sesame Street episode in honor of Jerry Nelson airs October 31, 2013

Drtooth

Reaction score
Given their track record, I'm sure if they did, there would be like 2 sub-par Count sketches, a bunch of number related shorts, and at least 4 celebrity bits that take precedent over the character the DVD is devoted to anyway.

wiley207

Reaction score
NOW I get to see it! I missed it last Thursday due to a storm (how ironic), and plus I was prepping for Halloween :big_grin:.
I liked how Bob, Gina, Prairie Dawn, Ernie and Bert all showed up as well. Familiar faces from my childhood!
I also liked Chris's "Eighteen flights that are delayed. Ah, ah, ah." *thunder and lightning goes off on his smartphone*
Oh come on Alan and Telly, I could count those eighteen pickles faster than you, AND not by 2s!
Elmo imitating the Count was cute, though. And the lack of thunder and lightning giving his game away was funny, too.
I loved Gina's "I... am the Count!"

The Count's arrival via being carried by bats was a clever idea, too! And I was also thrilled to hear Jerry Nelson voicing the Count one last time. This was a great tribute to him, along with the two I did on my YouTube channel (one being a straightforward tribute to his works, and the other a YouTube Poop of "A Muppet Family Christmas.")

Nonetheless I still think another good idea to incorporate the Count into a street scene would be if there were a drought on Sesame Street. The Count could count so much, his thunder cloud will begin to pour rain on the street!

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
I haven't posted my thoughts on this episode yet, but I recently put up a piece on deviantART which is based on the one thing that really stood out to me about the show's street story. Here's a link to my artwork, titled "El-Mo and The Count."

To expand on what I wrote there, all of the cast and crew did a tremendous job. One can tell there was a definite sentiment among everyone making this that they were doing it for Jerry, and it shows in their efforts. I admired so much of the episode, from the beginning (a very appropriate start by having Alan do a test mike count-off) to it's particularly touching ending (especially Telly's speech).

theSHE124

Reaction score
Got 2 see it! 18 flight delays or dancing pickles (with emphasis on 18), "Up next: Gladys the Cow!", "His nickname is El Mo", &...:laugh: I thought those pics from the Christmas paty was hysterical, but performing the same stunt on TV? Yummy funny, it's take the cake!!! (How many pieces of cake? 18 maybe? :insatiable:)

Oh man, total anticlimax they failed to get the prize to the Count, and it was engraved as Jerry Nelson (either that or former U.S.A. president and Union general, Ulysses S. Grant)! :frown: But The Count is truly proud that he can count all the friends that care for him...so beautiful! :cry: I gotta tell my aunt about this!

BTW: I'm glad many of you have liked it. And Mr. Ed, how come you haven't replied to the line "This is his twin brother, Ed the Count!"? Are they at the Street talking about you or not? :confused:

mimitchi33

Reaction score
What a great way to honor Jerry! This episode reminds me of the Animaniacs episode where Slappy gets an award a bit. RIP, Jerry. You will be missed.
I haven't posted my thoughts on this episode yet, but I recently put up a piece on deviantART which is based on the one thing that really stood out to me about the show's street story. Here's a link to my artwork, titled "El-Mo and The Count."
That's a really cute fan-art! It perfectly suits the episode well, I must say!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Just wanna tell everyone, the episode's on YT now. Watching it now, I realized the judges lied. They gave them 13 seconds to count the pickles, not 18. No wonder Elmo had the great idea to count the pickles by two.