Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Plus, as Daffyfan2003 noted, there was a statue of Mr. Johnson in the park! How cool is that??
Actually, that wasn't me who mentioned that since I don't watch the ETM segment. Though that would have been cool to see. So I'm guessing that would have been Ryan as Elmo there if it was taped after Jerry's passing since I know Kevin's departure happened around the same time, so if anyone has any photos or videos of the part with the Mr. Johnson statue let me know.

As for next week's ep, it is pretty cool that it's online. I'll try to watch it when it's on, but in case I miss it for any reason, that's a good bit on information to have.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I watched and it was lovely. I urge everyone else to try to not be like me and wait until Halloween for it.
I'm definitely going to wait for it. Gives me something to look forward to on that day, at any rate.

I assume that they're going to post Homelamb on Youtube the day or two before, as that's what they've been doing lately.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
So I'm guessing that would have been Ryan as Elmo there if it was taped after Jerry's passing since I know Kevin's departure happened around the same time, so if anyone has any photos or videos of the part with the Mr. Johnson statue let me know.
I watched a bit of the segment yesterday; it's still Kevin performing Elmo BTW, given that they produced the ETM segments in early 2012. I would take an educated guess and say that the Mr. Johnson statue probably was added after the segment was completed and Jerry had passed away. If it was planned ahead of time to air this during season 44, they probably had leeway to tinker with the graphics long before airtime.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Just watched the Count tribute episode. Agreed, very well done. At the risk of spoilers, I will highlight all my questions in white. If you've watched the episode, please feel free to answer them.

Was Elmo puppeteered by Ryan Dillon? I know it was Kevin's voice, but not sure if he was there on set when they actually filmed this episode.

When the Count appeared towards the very end, was that an existing sound bite of Jerry Nelson's voice as the Count? It sounded very much like Jerry's Count as opposed to Matt's higher, energetic Count we've heard recently.

Not really a question, but wow...Prairie Dawn actually had a LINE this episode! Too bad it was shared/overshadowed with Cookie Monster's at the same time though.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
To answer SSLFan's question (spoilers):

Yes, that was Jerry's voice at the end. Was it an archival soundbite? I don't know, and frankly I don't wanna know; it'll spoil the magic of the moment for me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I watched a bit of the segment yesterday; it's still Kevin performing Elmo BTW, given that they produced the ETM segments in early 2012. I would take an educated guess and say that the Mr. Johnson statue probably was added after the segment was completed and Jerry had passed away. If it was planned ahead of time to air this during season 44, they probably had leeway to tinker with the graphics long before airtime.
That is, I assume that it is a tribute. Seems very likely it was, otherwise they'd probably just have a generic looking statue, maybe just another representation of Elmo instead. Funny, that out of all his characters, they chose ol' Fat Blue.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Yeah. I kind of thought it was Kevin's Elmo in street scenes and ETM and Ryan's is usually used in WOTD and some inserts. Just thought I'd ask about that.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Ryan is doing Elmo in the WOTD material, plus select inserts they filmed while they were in LA this past summer.

Kevin is doing Elmo everywhere else in the show. Some of the inserts and episodes it seems (Flower Show, Mi Amiguita Rosita and the Count ep.) were taped after Kevin's departure, but he must have left pre-taped vocals for them.