Speculation: Sesame Street 45th Anniversary Possibilities

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It doesn't even play on a library computer, so what's the deal?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
*]any Forgetful Jones segment where he was performed by Michael Earl (except the tooth brushing one, since that's on DVD)
I didn't know that there were others. I thought it was shortly after the toothbrushing sketch that they brought in Richard Hunt.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't know that there were others. I thought it was shortly after the toothbrushing sketch that they brought in Richard Hunt.

I'm pretty sure that Michael Earl performed Forgetful for all of season 12. Michael Earl was let go after the season, it'd make more sense the character would be replaced after instead of before.

In fact there is another Forgetful Jones segment that was remade, where Clementine helps Forgetful remember what he needs to ride into town (Buster, who drives the jeep). Presumably that one originally had Michael Earl as Forgetful, but the only copy online of the original is dubbed in another language.

And according to a Tough Pigs review of the album Grin and Giggle with Big Bird, Michael Earl performed Forgetful Jones in one of the tracks. Though according to Muppet Wiki he's listed as "a cowboy" (maybe this album came out around the time he was recast and they didn't want to confuse kids?).

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
In fact there is another Forgetful Jones segment that was remade, where Clementine helps Forgetful remember what he needs to ride into town (Buster, who drives the jeep). Presumably that one originally had Michael Earl as Forgetful, but the only copy online of the original is dubbed in another language.
Okay. I know what you mean since I have seen the remake of that one with Richard as Forgetful. Yeah. It would be nice to have the original on DVD or something.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I second that. How the shell do you get these videos to work?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Julio partly explained this on Facebook: apparently, this is supposed to be viewed on mobile phones, through a certain app... but SUPPOSEDLY, they CAN be viewed on computers, though I still am having no luck viewing 'em on my computer.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, that helped a lot, thank you very much Rowlfy.

Yep, there's a number of noticable changes to the set: the curtains in Elmo's brownstone are more colorful, as are the curtains in the back alley apartments behind the community garden, and as previously noted, the garage doors do appear to be red (and there appears to be a big tree on either side of the carriage house), and there's a mural of a sky under the fire escape of 123.

And Bert looks a little off... like his nose is too big and his eyes are too far apart (the latter could be justifiable, as the last time they built a new Bert, his eyes were pushed closer together than they usually were, so I probably got used to that).