How to make Kermit?

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with making a Kermit puppet? I don't know how to make one and I want to start making puppets

BuckyBits

Reaction score
If you're starting, try the project puppet glorified sock pattern, and if you want a Kermit type body add the alternate body pattern.
Its great for a complete pattern with instructions.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
If you're starting, try the project puppet glorified sock pattern, and if you want a Kermit type body add the alternate body pattern.
Its great for a complete pattern with instructions.
Thanks, but how do I find the pattern?

Animal31

Reaction score
Thanks, but how do I find the pattern?
Project Puppet sells the patterns, you buy them online and then download them, and I can guarantee you'll be able to use them for more than one puppet to start. Also, check the other threads on here, look under "Kermit build" or something similar for more tips...

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Project Puppet sells the patterns, you buy them online and then download them, and I can guarantee you'll be able to use them for more than one puppet to start. Also, check the other threads on here, look under "Kermit build" or something similar for more tips...
Thanks, right now I'm looking for material for him.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Is there any good way to make the Glorified Sock Puppet look more like Kermit?

BuckyBits

Reaction score
Use the alternate body, add the light green collar, change the hands and feet to look more Kermit-ish, but the head, arms, and legs are a great starting point.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Use the alternate body, add the light green collar, change the hands and feet to look more Kermit-ish, but the head, arms, and legs are a great starting point.
Thanks, but do you have any type of fabric in mind for him? I can't seem to find the right type of felt for him

Rymoore21

Reaction score
Fleece. Kermit is made of Antron Fleece. Original Antron is hard to find and pricey. A good substitute is Blizzard or Polar Fleece from Jo-Ann Fabrics for beginners. I actually prefer Blizzard Fleece to the new Antron though other puppet builders would disagree.