Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
BTW: The special's title is "Don't Eat The Pictures: Sesame Street at The Metropolitan Museum of Art", hope that helps you find it on YT more easily Drtooth.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The new Sesame Street episode for Thursday October 10 is...

Episode 4308 - Mi Amiguita Rosita

Rosita wants to write a book about being Mexican.

If you've seen "Mi Amiguita Rosita", please like this post and let us know your thoughts on the new episode.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Today's episode was brilliant. It's great to know that while they're talking about Hispanic culture, they didn't hold back references to stereotypes (as 1960's and non-hateful as they were). And finally, we get to see Rosita be Rosita, instead of "Elmo's other other female friend." The episode reminded me of that "Indians don't talk like that... I'm an Indian" bit from the 70's. And they mentioned Lucha Libre on Sesame Street.

As much as I love the SG 2.0 segment, they need to either discontinue them or air them less. This is ridiculous.
Couldn't agree more. 3 straight episodes in a row, too. I wouldn't mind the obvious problem of seeing the same Cookie's Crummy Pictures twice and three times a season. They don't alternate when they should. I still have that exact same problem with Abby, lacking new episodes since last season. Didn't SG2.0 only get like one new, or rather, held back segment last season as well? I know they want to get their money's worth on these pricy segments, but really?!?! Not even one E&B Great Adventures, even a reused one? I used to love hearing SG was up next... now I just groan loudly.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That P food segment was great; fantastic animation and a great soundtrack to boot.

Also, since it's National Hispanic Month, they published Mando's version of "I Love My Hair" early:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Let me tell you guys: My dad made me switch to Direct TV from Comcast, and let me tell you something, I HATE IT! They don't have a station that shows SS in widescreen. I'll be back later, I haven't had Internet in a while, so I have to catch up.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
They don't have a station that shows SS in widescreen.
Do they at least have the new episodes? That would make me happy enough, unfortunately I don't even have cable anymore and nobody put these episodes on torrents or on bootleg sites.