Lost Media Wiki

charlietheowl

Reaction score
This is an interesting concept for a Wiki, and it is cool to think about things that are sitting in the vaults somewhere but unreleased for whatever reasons. I know that Orson Welles had a lot of half-finished works going before he died. Also, lots of old game shows and other daytime TV from the sixties and seventies are gone due to tape wiping.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The homepage! It burns with it's ugliness!

Sorry, disorganization on websites is a huge pet peeve :embarrassed:

But yeah, interesting concept

AquaGGR

Reaction score
*BUMP*

This Wiki could really be somethin' special, there's lots of scrapped projects I never knew about. Pretty interesting.

...but a lot of it freaks me out. Either it's the reason why it was scrapped, or because the idea of something being removed and lost bothers me, strangely.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
it bothers me too, but I like looking at things like this. It may be the "what could have been" air about it but it's also to see how things have changed, or how different it could have been had these projects went though as planned. One article in the wiki hits me hardest, about a movie called Foodfight. Really sad what happened to it.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
*BUMP*

This Wiki could really be somethin' special, there's lots of scrapped projects I never knew about. Pretty interesting.

...but a lot of it freaks me out. Either it's the reason why it was scrapped, or because the idea of something being removed and lost bothers me, strangely.
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person who thinks this way! I'm not sure why it bothers me so much, maybe it's the fact that so much effort went into a project that now may not even exist.

Drtooth

Reaction score
it bothers me too, but I like looking at things like this. It may be the "what could have been" air about it but it's also to see how things have changed, or how different it could have been had these projects went though as planned. One article in the wiki hits me hardest, about a movie called Foodfight. Really sad what happened to it.
Trust me. You'd lose all sympathy with it if you saw the final project. Even with good animation, this film would have sucked. It seems very much the lame fifth party type of CGI movie that wants desperately to be Shrek. Potential for a good story? maybe... but it suffers a terrible script.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Trust me. You'd lose all sympathy with it if you saw the final project. Even with good animation, this film would have sucked. It seems very much the lame fifth party type of CGI movie that wants desperately to be Shrek. Potential for a good story? maybe... but it suffers a terrible script.
That whole story breaks my heart because the concept could have really worked but was clearly put in the most incompetent hands imaginable. Now it's going to take several decades before anyone even tries to do it again, lol. :stick_out_tongue:

AquaGGR

Reaction score
charlietheowl said:
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person who thinks this way! I'm not sure why it bothers me so much, maybe it's the fact that so much effort went into a project that now may not even exist.
The other thing that bothers me is that a lot of these missing projects give off a really Creepypasta-ish vibe.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Yea, some of them are kind of creepy, but I like the creepypastas so maybe that's why I like that site too.

Trust me. You'd lose all sympathy with it if you saw the final project. Even with good animation, this film would have sucked. It seems very much the lame fifth party type of CGI movie that wants desperately to be Shrek. Potential for a good story? maybe... but it suffers a terrible script. (- Drtooth)
That may be true, I ALMOST bought that movie, but I decided I'd look for clips on youtube first...when I get the chance. It't brings a lesson that we learned very early on in my degree track, always backup your files in multiple places.