Dark Crystal novel writing contest

Laszlo

Reaction score
I've heard the excuse that it's called Dark Crystal: Creation "Myths" so of course facts won't line up. To me, this seems like an Easy Button for the writers. They're being lazy.
Well said!

theSHE124

Reaction score

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Well, you're way ahead of me. I'm 2803 words short of the minimum word count and still have some tweaking to do beyond that.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
I tried, but I just don't feel inspired. I have a hard time writing other people's worlds. Good luck to you guys, though. The deadline is in Jan, right?

theSHE124

Reaction score
I tried, but I just don't feel inspired. I have a hard time writing other people's worlds. Good luck to you guys, though. The deadline is in Jan, right?

Technically, Mr. Foobly, it closes at December 31st, 11:59:59 PM EST. For anyone still in this, here's something I found that can help you (and also explains why the timeline is so vagued). :wink:

DaisyDeadPetals

Reaction score
I took the materials and wrote my own piece to be honest, I surmised that they wanted your story, not theirs. anyway if anyone would like to read my piece they are welcome, I submitted it on oct 1st. I handwrote the first 6k words then edited and added, it took 2 months but i'm super proud of it. I wanted to write about real magic, since Labyrinth and Dark Crystal have always shaped my mind thusly into my own magic.

www.facebook.com/emseeplum

theSHE124

Reaction score
Halfway thru the Submission time...there's about 21 & so people who said they're in (aside some of us here, i.e.)...For those who are still in on this, how will you describe what makes your story unique to others? To help out in case you don't feel like speaking too much, and yes, I totally understand, here's a list you can answer in the form of Muppet bytes. That means I use the smilies to begin each question:

:confused: Do you write with structure or stream of conscious?
:dreamy: What's your strongest style (pictorial, dialogue, epistolary, or something else)?
:wisdom: How many viewpoints did you made, and which peoples are they?
:super: Who's the central character, the Hero in your story (Rian, another Gelfling, or other)?
:scary: Who's the Villain, the SkekSis that'll appear the most? (Note: Feel free to answer with any. The Hunter and the General are mentioned in the old library sources.)
:eek: And finally, which new feature(s) had you included in your story (is it a creature, tool/machine, magical power, calender time, weather anomaly, or a whole new race of sentient beings)? (Note: Feel free to choose just one for your primary answer.)

Phew! That's a lotta questions for one post! To answer, please use each smilie to answer easch question. And if you feel like asking me, I'll only answer my own questions if, and only if, someone else is the first to do so. I just wanna make it a little fun as we pass the time...:coy:

theSHE124

Reaction score
...Uh, anyone still here?? :confused: Just wanna say Happy New Year! That's right, the submissions are now closed! I gotta friend, a family member, and a just-proposed-today-soon-to-be-Brother-In-Law that are simply amazed at my achievements for this Contest. There's a lotta prides on the line...but it'll be worth it for me no matter what happens. After all, I truly got into this mostly because it's...it's a surprise for my Mom...:halo:

Anyway, check out my 'calling card', first pic in my portfolio! :smile: