A Nest Divided: A Sam the Eagle Story

Slackbot

Reaction score
Welcome back to the story! This was a fun, lighthearted read. I imagining them putting the bench wherever its final destination is without unhooking Gonzo, so he ends up wedged between the wood and the wall.

Was that a slam on the song Crazy? I aint gonna stand for that. I love that song! Well, actually, I don't pay attention to the song, but that Rorschach video mesmerizes me.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Thank you for reading! I wasn't slamming the song, just the band name. I always thought it was really silly, but I guess it's hard to pick a band name now that all the "The ------s" have been taken, hahaha.

theSHE124

Reaction score
The wrong hands...that's Gonzo, alright! Interesting choice of last name for the resident space alien. :cool:

First baseball, then basketball, what's next, football? Actually, it'd be funny to see a football match on the theater stage! :excited:

And the blue jay thing--I can see how Sam and his eagle family will be confused for blue jays. Specifications do matter to him! :attitude:

And that song Crazy...is that the track done by Brittney Spears? :confused: I know that's a title in her debut album my older sister got many years ago...

Slackbot

Reaction score
Here's the video for Crazy. (Will the forum software insist on embadding it instead of leaving it a link? We'll see.) I really like the tune, and the video blows me away. I've paid little attention to the lyrics because I'm so focused on the visuals.

And, yeah, "Gnarls Barkley" is a pretty weird band name. Sounds like it ought to be populated by cartoon dogs.

Edit: Yep, it won't let me just link to the video. Phooey.

theSHE124

Reaction score
OH! That Crazy track! I thought that was done by Andre 3000. I often imagine dancing Blockheads of Drew Allison's (don't ask) whenever I hear this. :big_grin:

You're right, Slackbot! That is a cool video! I've seen the original 10 Rickshaw Ink Photos, and one of them looked like two angels on top of a head of a giant snake. (Creativity is my initial reaction! :smile:)

Now I'm more confused than ever! Is there more than one song titled 'Crazy'?? Kinda drives you crazy, don't it? :crazy:

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
And here I thought you'd with "Swarls" Barkley! Glad to have you back, Charlie! And Gonzo vs the loud mouth? Yes. FTFW! And I've always imagined Gonzo went to some weird, long named college and you have given me the proof I needed.

And thanks a lot, Slack! Now I got Crazy in my head. Actually, I have Gonzo singing Crazy in my head, cause well...why the heck not?

theSHE124

Reaction score
What happens next, Charlie? Does Gonzo compete with Barkley on the show? What news does Matilda have for Sam?? Will playing a staged basketball game potentially harm the audience (whether on floor or balcony) watching it?!

While I still wait for your update, does anyone here have a favorite moment so far? For me, I so wanna see Gonzo as Rocky Raccoon! :concern: For those who agree with me, please like this post!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
That is EXACTLY how I'd expect Gonzo to play Horse. You could've gone even MORE nutjob and it would have rang true...

Ants have teaching colleges? For what? How to snub grasshoppers?

Very, very funny entry. I know you're going through some rough stuff just now but I hope you'll channel some of your energy into this. Who knows, it might help divert your mind. xo

--------------