Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Todays street story was very good. I loved the songs and Philip. The WOTD bit was pretty good. The Murray Has a Little Lamb bits were very good. As Minor Muppetz said, the yoga instructor was pretty. I'm glad they cut the song with Anime Elmo short. The CCP was hilarious! I saw the real movie and the remake, so I got the parody. The Sons of Anarchy bit was very funny. Overall, good week! My only complaint is no new SG 2.Os and only one new ETM.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I hadn't seen "Sons of Poetry" before, and I just LOVED the Don-Music-ness of it all. "Oh, I'll never get it right! NEVER! NEVER!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Something has been bothering me about the Latino Festival episode.

The song they sing at the end of the episode seems cut off pretty badly by the scene transition.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I don't know if anybody saw this yet (I'm too lazy to hunt through a thousand old posts), but here's a Ryan Dillon-Elmo clip.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The only problems I have with the season so far is A. the heavy repeating of stuff from last season, to the point where the exact same letter/number bits are used again from last year, in the same order as last year, and B. the lack of Ernie and Bert. They couldn't have squeezed in one bit? Or used an adventure instead of a SG they've aired countless times already?

I'm sure others will be annoyed at the lack of Big Bird. He'll at least have a song in this week's show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As I said a million times before, I come to expect repetition from Sesame Workshop. Using the same skits in the same exact places from last year surprises me not and brings up more obvious "your budget is showing" moments.

As for the Ernie and Bert Adventures, I've been complaining about that for a while now. I understand SW has a budget problem, but they've bought and paid for these segments, and since season 39... 5 years... we still didn't see half of them. Why they never released them on any format is a mystery, but the bigger mystery is how they're so gosh darn concerned with the budget, yet are literally sitting on all this unused PAID for footage.

Personally, I'm more annoyed by the fact they didn't retire Abby's Flying School yet. Seeing the same SG 2.0 is one thing. At least A) it's shorter and B) it alternates with something. It's not that I hate the Abby segment at all, but there are no new ones in production. That's a 9 minute leaden block better used for shorter segments or other Muppet bits.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
If there's any indication, it seems that the show's trying to go completely widescreen/HD. Especially now, with all the last-season repeats. I'd like to see AFFS go too, with it now being in the EW state of not having any new episodes, yet is still a daily feature. The only problem I see is that if they cut it, they probably would run out of material to fill it with; they only have so many non-spoof Muppet bits and not that many non-letter/number animations and films. That's one thing I get out of the block format: Season 39 was virtually more 4:3 than 16:9, insert-wise. With the block format, they cut down on the extra inserts, which can eventually all be 16:9.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If they're missing about half of the Ernie and Bert cartoons just because of them not being in widescreen, that's a pretty stupid excuse. Not to mention they've used a full frame one that was already used before in the last season. I have to ask if the second half of the second half of the cartoons were full frame also.

I get that about Abby. They just wouldn't have anything else to fill the time with. Not to mention how much those things cost. No wonder they reuse them so much. They want to get the most out of that money they spent (again, ironically turning a blind eye to well over a dozen Ernie and Bert claymations). It looks like this season, all the money went to ETM and Crummy pictures.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So is today going to be a rerun or do we know for sure?