Ugliest International Sesame Street Muppets

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eh, the jalopeno Big Bird ain't so bad. I wouldn't call him ugly, just unimaginative. That purple aardvark thing, however, ugh.
I don't see how Orange Big Bird is bad at all. Ugly color maybe, but he doesn't have that homemade not consistent with the Muppets look that some of these co-productions have.

Gugu the Grouch is the ugliest ever thing associated with the Muppets. Even worse than Miss Mousy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm just saying... really. Did they have to give her the clothes of an 18th century grandma?

Piggy's a fashion plate, Mousy's a fashion victim.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Samson is far from ugly compared to a lot of the characters posted here. Like, seriously, what's the purple anteater thing on the first page?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but recently I just visited the Vila Sesamo page on Muppet Wiki, and I found some more pictures of those horrid characters (well, 1 of Gugu and several of Garibaldo- for now I'll include just 1):

I mean...YIKES!!!! Seriously, Vila Sesamo (1972-1977) deserves the award for "Worst Sesame Street Muppets Ever"!!

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Garibaldo looks terrifying in that picture. Like he's pointing to say "You're next!"
Sorry I'm replying to this comment later than I should have, but I must say that what you're saying is true! (Exactly why put "YIKES!!!!" in my post.) I would definitely be at a loss for words if we ever got a picture of Funga Funga looking straight at the camera! Don't you agree?

Pino

Reaction score
i think its important to llok at other puppetshows of the other copuntries.. if you see what was hot in brasil and holland they puppets looked rarly less scary. Truw the muppets have their own design and after sesame workshop gots more invavalved they looked better. But the price they asked for it meant for some shows the end. Nowadays ther puppets look much colourfull and younger in appearence.
Also the new garibaldo isnt from japan, in fact it was the reused puppet they used in Zhima Jie (china).
I hope to see the pre minikus fotos some times.. i did see the abalardo one he lookes horrified compared to the Garibaldo they had in brasil :Slol