Muppet Film and TV References

Drtooth

Reaction score
Mad does it again.

After Bert (parody of Will Smith's Crowning Moment of suckitude with Sesame Street Characters).... while it does start out as a standard Sesame Street parody (that even references the 1969 40 dots bit... no foolin') it has some special guest Muppet cameos... the Pigs in Space.

WOW!

Mad references Zoot twice and included Link Hogthrob in a parody. Strangepork was there too, but said nothing... and had a mustache for some reason.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
On an episode of Futurama I was watching on Netflix, Fry had contracted a disease that causes him to change into many TV characters, first Bart Simpson, then Garfield, a Smurf and Kermit the Frog.

He says, "You think that's bad, now I've contracted Muppet gangrene. It's not easy being gangrenous", I don't know the line word for word because I watched the episode today.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Here are two which I don't think were mentioned:
-From the Elton John song Pressure: "All your life's on channel 13/Sesame Street/What does it mean?"
-In the movie "Meet The Fockers", to calm down a crying toddler, a babysitter turns on the Elmo's World episode about babies for him, but a few seconds later, the toddler accidentally changes it to Scarface, freaking the other adults out later.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
On the bottom of the screen below the Futurama logo, there's always a funny saying relating to the episode. In one episode, it says, "Today's episode is brought to you by the letter..." and after that is some kind of alien letter.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
When I was watching The Million Second Quiz tonight, Ryan Seacrest was asking the two contestants which two Muppets were on the cover of The New Yorker from July 2013. The choices were Kermit & Miss Piggy, Ernie & Bert, Janice & Fozzie (what? :embarrassed::flirt:), and Statler and Waldorf. Both of the contestants said Kemit & Miss Piggy but the right answer was Ernie & Bert. Guess they didn't know their Muppet trivia well enough.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
When I was watching The Million Second Quiz tonight, Ryan Seacrest was asking the two contestants which two Muppets were on the cover of The New Yorker from July 2013. The choices were Kermit & Miss Piggy, Ernie & Bert, Janice & Fozzie (what? :embarrassed::flirt:), and Statler and Waldorf. Both of the contestants said Kemit & Miss Piggy but the right answer was Ernie & Bert. Guess they didn't know their Muppet trivia well enough.
I saw that, and my mom even commented on how dumb the people were. Believe it or not, my mom was one of the 900 who played on the show. She lost, however, to
someone who had "King" in their name and brought their son (who had graduated college) with them, who is not in the top 4.
And on the Pressure thing, I get those two artists confused a lot.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Parks and Rec last night had Jean-Ralphio and his sister Mona Lisa were talking to their dad and their lawyer because their dad is trying to run Tom out of business. Jean-Ralphio said that the lawyer looked like Beaker and then started to imitate him(I think Mona Lisa joined in).

Daniel

Dr TeethFan

Reaction score
Big Bang Theory
Girl:So Howard what tattoo are you getting?
Howard:We'll i can't seem to decide between....the mean little skull or....Kermit The Frog.
Girl:Kermit The Frog
Howard:Yea he could go like this"Hi-ho I'm on Howard's butt!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
You're gonna have to trust me on this one. There's a little joke the animators hid in an episode of the original G.I. Joe. Remember, both Muppet Babies and G.I.Joe were produced by Marvel and animated by Toei. In the episode "The Gamesmaster" 2 members of the Joes and Cobra Commander and The Baroness are kidnapped, and wake up in a strange oversized nursery. When one of the Joes wakes up, a certain Teddy Bear falls off him.

Lower Left... He's from the back and colored wrong, but that hat is unmistakable. It's Baby Fozzie hidden in an episode of G.I. Joe.