More Labyrinth figures: Hoggle! Sir Didymus! Ambrosious!

Mjolnir

Reaction score
Thought I'd share progress on my expanding collection of custom Labyrinth figures. Let me know your thoughts.

Hoggle - 2.5 inches

Sir Didymus & Ambrosious - 2 inches

Heroes of Labyrinth Set (Sarah coming soon) - with 6 inch Ludo

Laszlo

Reaction score
Congrats, they look very cool together! I hope we will get some official figures soon!

PuppetMad

Reaction score
Wow, they truly are great, you have an amazing talent. What did you use to make them?

Mjolnir

Reaction score
Thanks guys. These are quite a hit over at my usual custom figure forums so I wanted to share them with folks who have more Henson/Froud appreciation.

The base figure for Ludo is a Sully figure from Monster's U with a scratch sculpted head. Hoggle was an Ewok figure that I sculpted over head to toe - the head is again, scratch sculpted. Didymus was a tiny WWE figure that I cut and carved down to a posable skeleton and then sculpted over. His head was stolen from a cheap dog toy that I heavily modified with sculpt. Ambrosious was also a cheap dog toy (a Collie but It had the right proportions to Didymus) that I converted to English Sheepdog with lots of sculpting.

I've been customizing for years and find that the more comfortable you get with sculpting, the less important the base figures become. Still, finding the right base can expedite the project a ton for figures with unique body styles (puppets, body puppets, live animals).

Mjolnir

Reaction score
Congrats, they look very cool together! I hope we will get some official figures soon!
I didn't realize until I went to your Deviantart page that you were the artist who sculpted the Hoggle model I used as reference for my little version. I was awed by that sculpture and really studied it when I plotted out my figure. I owe you thanks - if not for your version, mine wouldn't exist.

robodog

Reaction score
That's just amazing! Why couldn't toys like this have existed in the 80's. I would have killed for a Ludo as a kid. Too bad the plush is super rare and even if you can find it you'd have to be Scrooge McDuck in order to afford it.

Trent Lindberg

Reaction score
What is your deviant art page I would really like to buy all of the labyrinth figures and may have other people Who would also be interested