Why hasn't 'The Muppets Take Manhattan' soundtrack been re-released?

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Hi, :smile:

Why hasn't 'The Muppets Take Manhattan' soundtrack ever been re-released by Sony?

It's the only Muppet movie soundtrack that hasn't had a CD release (although 3 songs were released on Music, Mayhem and More!), and I'm sure it would sell (very) well.

Does Sony own the rights to release the soundtrack, or do they only own the rights to distribute the film?

rexcrk

Reaction score
I honestly don't know anything about Sony's distribution rights for the soundtrack (though I would assume that they're responsible for that too)... but I would definitely by a soundtrack from that movie. There are so many great songs that I'd love to put with my music!

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
I have Music, Mayhem and More! but I'd love to have the rest of the songs from MTM. Saying Goodbye, Somebody's Getting Married, etc.

CanaceErinn

Reaction score
It's never been released on CD? Huh. But yeah, add me to the list of people who want it on CD. One of my favorite Muppet scores.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I can't find a good email address to email Sony. Anyone know of one?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I remember the original soundtrack featured the uncut version of the chickens' rendition of the William Tell Overture. Would love to hear that again.