The Chipmunks

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Wow, this has got to be the worst release yet:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Alvin-Chipmunks-Driving-Dave-Crazier/18710

Four episodes, three of which have already been previously released, and on top of that, the cover art is in such low resolution and quality, it's hard to get the effect of it, but it looks terrible... is Theodore wearing a turban or something? And I can't tell - is he riding a skateboard, or latching on to Dave's leg?
Wow, where did they get the photo from, GOOGLE IMAGES, cause that is terribly bad.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
I just had to.
...Amen to that!
NOOOOOOOO!
Now, because of this, the AATC fandom's going to start arguing over which is better (Cartoon or CGI) again and then it's going to get ugly. (A reason why I quit the AATC fandom in April.)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Um, they've been talking about a fourth movie for YEARS. Remember? They were supposedly going into space this time around?

I, luckily, haven't had to put up with war over which is better, cartoon or CGI, HOWEVER, I HAVE had to put with the war between canon shippers and mixed shippers before... I mean, REALLY, it got so ridiculous at times, which is why I don't ship any couple anymore (which is ironic, since I was actually the one who coined the name "Simanette" for Simon and Jeanette)... there are those who are so dedicated to the franchise as it is, that they will argue to the nines on why Brittany should only be with Alvin, Jeanette only be with Simon, and Eleanor only be with Theodore, then there are those who are so firm in mixing, that they'll argue just as loud and just as much as to why certain mixed pairings work better than canon. The interesting thing though is that the mixed couples come and go in popular phases... over the years, the "It" couples have been anything ranging from Simon and Brittany, Alvin and Eleanor, Dave and Vinny, even brotherly incest between Alvin and Simon, though perhaps the squickiest mixed couple to ever be a popular phase was Dave and Brittany.

mr3urious

Reaction score
At least they're taking their time with this one, set to release 4 years after Chipwrecked.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Um, they've been talking about a fourth movie for YEARS. Remember? They were supposedly going into space this time around?
True, but that one was a clever fake. THIS is real (Link on my next to last post)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I probably won't see it either way... it really has nothing to do with the whole cartoon/CGI argument so much as it does changing the characters' personalities to appeal to today's audiences, thus ruining the characters in the process, not to mention the poor casting choice with Jason Lee as Dave. I saw the first one, didn't really do much for me other than renew my own personal interest in the franchise and the fandom; didn't see the Squeakquel though from what I heard from friends that did, it got mostly mixed reviews; didn't bother with Chipwrecked, and heard mostly negative reviews.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Yeah, I won't see it either.
Not just because, I quit the fandom, but because it's going to be a trainwreck caught on tape.

Drtooth

Reaction score
At least they're taking their time with this one, set to release 4 years after Chipwrecked.
While it is only 2 years away, I think this movie may just completely flop. The kids who actually liked the films are probably going to be old enough to stop bothering with them. Hopefully 4 years will be time better spent on getting a good plot.