Popular Shows that You Hate

Drtooth

Reaction score
That episode is why I don't call Family Guy "preachy" but rather "ranty." The book burning sequence? When they threw in "Basic Logic for First Graders" that was far more passive aggressive than funny. Funny would have been, like, Goodnight Moon or (taking a cue from Mad Magazine) Winnie the Pooh. Seriously, if they did that storyline before the show got cancelled, it would have been all about how Kirk Cameron is a D-bag and how he terrorized and bullied the cast, crew, and network of Growing Pains... which would have been a funnier episode. Instead it was just a scripted version of "Man, those far right fundamentalist Christians just tick me the heck off, and they blame Atheists for everything."

But it's no way the worst episode for the TNG stuff. I find Padre la Familia far worse. It's just a long series of "Shame on Republicans for treating Hispanics poorly" followed by "those crazy Mexicans like big butts and facial hair on women and they grill chicken in foil." Like, who's side are they actually on, anyway? You stick up for Hispanics and then downgrade them to stereotypes? There's a difference between Equal Opportunity Offending, and than taking a deuce on your own message. Especially since American Dad did the same exact message without getting ranty and hypocritical. I did like the Rapid Dave thing, and Peter as an overzealous patriot could have worked as a plotline of its own... but there's much less redeeming quality in that one.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
"NCIS: Los Angeles"...I hate it!
I watched just one episode of it and, I couldn't get into it...Plus, it seemed kind of boring for me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Would anyone kill me for saying Pokemon?

I never liked how it hijacked the Kid's WB schedule, and forced all the funny shows to share that insipid rerun block. Plus, it's made out of tropes from better anime we'd never get. I have a soft spot for Team Rocket, but even I think that the Doronbo Gang could totally take them. They even fail funnier.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Would anyone kill me for saying Pokemon?

I never liked how it hijacked the Kid's WB schedule, and forced all the funny shows to share that insipid rerun block. Plus, it's made out of tropes from better anime we'd never get. I have a soft spot for Team Rocket, but even I think that the Doronbo Gang could totally take them. They even fail funnier.
I'm right there with you. My friend and I used to watch Pokemon in High School purely to mock it. But we also were fond of Team Rocket, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nintendo loves to rip off Tatsunoko...

Ever see Waruigi?

That's just Boyacky from Yatterman wearing a Mario hat.

Okay... to be accurate, I should say Grocky from Time Bokan (the show in the series that predates Yatterman, but isn't as popular)... but my point still stands.

Also, not a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh. Wanna know how much a non-fan I am? I actually prefer the Toei version. The one that the direction of the manga originally took. I actually prefer him being a master of all games.

Actually, I hate most of these fighting anime where the characters don't fight each other (big fan of Fist of the North Star, Kinnikuman, and Saint Seiya)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Admittedly, I was a BIG Pokemaniac when it first came to America; it wasn't until maybe two or three years later I ended up falling off the bandwagon, mainly because it got so hard to keep up with, between adding at least a hundred new Pokemon every year, and the constant swapping out of human characters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll admit, I tried to like it, and at best, I found it okay. And then it jumped onto Kid's WB and pushed all the best stuff off the network. I felt the same way about Power Rangers and Fox Kids. Yet, I learned to respect the Power Ranger's insanely large fanbase. Pokemon, as a Nintendo fanboy, annoys me immensely. Where the heck is a new Mario or Legend of Zelda cartoon? And Mario should be the one with the big Macy's Balloon.

Though I still do like Meowth and Psychoduck.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
JAIL: Show on SpikeTV, I used to like it, but now I HATE IT AND I CAN'T STAND IT.
THE JERRY SPRINGER SHOW: It's stupid, may I need to see more.
TRANSFORMERS PRIME: I don't get why some TRANSFORMERS fans LIKE THIS, it reminds too much of the MICHAEL BAY movies.
REN AND STIMPY ADULT PARTY CARTOON: This is stupid too.
WILL AND DEWITT: I was expecting a GREAT show to come out of this one, but what do I get, a crappy preschool show with crappy animation.

Drtooth

Reaction score
J
TRANSFORMERS PRIME: I don't get why some TRANSFORMERS fans LIKE THIS, it reminds too much of the MICHAEL BAY movies.

That, everybody, is a perfect example of Geewun and Trukk Not Munky right there.

The movies suck, sure... that's all the director's fault. TFPrime is written by the same people who wrote the movie, but it's a complete apology for how Bay ruined everything he possibly could. I'd say it's the best TF series since the original, and I'm a huge Animated fan.

Now the real Transformers shows that suck are those Cybertron, Energon, and Whatevertron early 00's anime Transformers shows with their terrible dubs.