Dealing with depression and anxiety

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I had another stupid day at school today.
Every #@$% day there is a h-e-double hockey stick-hole. I really hate my life.
Every day I face these stupid idiots in my life, and I have no interest in sticking around here for that anymore. I wish I could put myself out of my misery for once.

Of course, I can't really mean that. I mean, there are things that I would miss in my life, I guess. There are people who I care about, and times that I enjoy. I couldn't do something like that. But after today, I'm just so angry and upset now. :grr::frown:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
*hugs for Mitchell*

I am sorry that school is this way for you, it sounds very frustrating and I don't blame you for getting angry and depressed. It is good that you are reminding yourself that there are things for you to focus on outside of school, things that you care about and things that you love. Is there a counselor at school or outside of school you could talk to about the situations you are encountering there?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Are you kidding? Talking to the trash can will help me more than any of the idiots who run the place. *sigh* :frown:

I've calmed down a little since earlier today. I just really, really don't want to go back to that place. I have way too many problems there. There has got to be better schools out there for me.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Then talk to the trashcan. I sometimes talk to my dog when I feel upset. Having something there that will listen to you and not judge you is better than keeping i held in, even if its an inanimate object.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Agreed. You can also talk to puppets. I know it sounds stupid, but the presence of animals or other non-humans removes the expectation of being judged (I mean, I GUESS Fido could judge you ... but why?). Stress levels go down and you can think more openly and clearly.
I found this to be an intriguing article

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Are you kidding? Talking to the trash can will help me more than any of the idiots who run the place. *sigh* :frown:
What about your parents, or any other family members? Could they help you figure out ways to handle the problems at school? There's got to be someone around you who can help you out.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
On the subject of worrying and anxiety, I hope you all get to discover the same thing I have by the time you get to be my age...

You'll look back and see you spent a lot of time worrying, but you probably won't remember what you worried about.

A lot of trials and tribulations you're facing right now will probably pass with time, and whatever is making you anxious, in time might not seem so bad.

Sometimes, as we get older, the monsters don't seem as scary. So hang in there.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
I'm not having a very good day.
I won't go into too much detail, so....There are times when my parents are helping me do something, they make it way too stressful for me and when they do that my anxiety goes through the roof! Then they start to tell me stuff about things that I've done that are either not true or greatly exaggerated. Keep in mind that they are telling this to a guy who has Asperger's Syndrome (A form of High-functioning autism) and making him pretty PO'ed in the process.
I've tried reasoning with them, but then we get into a major arguement. To me, whenever they do that, I think they're just being judgemental and it makes me feel like they don't love me anymore. I'm feeling angry and sad over this.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm sorry that this is happening to you, I don't blame you for being frustrated when your parents lie to you about things or exaggerate things to you, and it's always worse when they won't listen to reason. Is there someone close to you that you can talk to about your parents and your feelings?

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Yes, I can talk to my psychiatrist about this as well as some close friends I can trust.