Post Your Birthstones and Signs!

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
My birth stone is aquamarine, which if you look up its meaning fits me really well. Bloodstone is the ancient stone for my month. Technically I was born close enough to April to have diamond, but I've always considered myself an aquamarine. How do I know all this? Eighth grade science project. I'm an Aries, but only a few of their traits really apply to me. I've tried to calculate my rising and moon signs but I can't figure out how to do it. It's so darn complicated :-(

mo

Reaction score
I'm a Virgo which means I'm neat, practical and conservative... I wish! I was also born on September 16th 1999 :stick_out_tongue:

Bridget

Reaction score
Just had mine, April 21, on the cusp of Taurus. I believe April's birthstone is diamond, and stands for innocence. So I read in a fortune cookie somewhere...
Your birthstone's a diamond? Lucky! One of the most beloved gems, in the world!

Teheheman

Reaction score
I was born in April, which is Diamond and I'm an Aries.

Daniel

Misskermie

Reaction score
I was born Feb. 4th 1999.
I'm an aquarius.
My birth stone is aquarius.
(YAY its may favorite color! :stick_out_tongue:)

Greengables95

Reaction score
I was born June 24, 1995. I am the crab (Cancer) and my birth stone is Pearl.

snichols1973

Reaction score
I was born on July 2, 1973.

First of all, I've never been big on astrology and horoscopes (no offense meant to the other Zodiac people); my ruling planet is the Moon (which is technically a natural satellite of Earth, and not an actual planet), and back in the days of superstition, people believed the moon to be an influential sphere of madness, since the moon has its monthly lunar cycle of new moon, first quarter, full moon, last quarter, etc.

Words such as moonstruck, moony, moonish, lunatic, lunacy, looney (an informal derivative of lunatic) et al., have come about because people once believed that someone who was influenced by the moon was crazy, moody, changeable, etc.
If anybody out there has ever watched old cartoons, they might throw in an occasional episode where someone turns into a werewolf under a full moon, only to revert back to human form when the clouds cover the full moon.....

Lunacy - Television Tropes & Idioms

As for Chinese astrological signs, they have a 12-year cycle; I was born in 1973, which at that time was designated the Year of the Ox.

My birthstone is a ruby, since I was born in July, and people whose birthdays range from June 21st to June 30th may have moonstone as their birth stone; June's other birthstones are pearl, alexandrite, and agate, but I don't know which ones belong to Gemini and which ones are for June Cancerians....

Even though my "ruling sphere" is the Moon, I wouldn't exactly think of myself as having any resemblance to Crazy Harry :crazy:, since I'm usually pretty mild-mannered.....

A strange idea just occurred to me: what if there was a horoscope that had Muppets as alternative astrological designations?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
A strange idea just occurred to me: what if there was a horoscope that had Muppets as alternative astrological designations?
Eh, its not that strange. People invent horoscopes based on things all the time. I know of a pokemon one XP