Good Luck Charlie Cancelled

galagr

Reaction score
Well, the "Dream House" episode had the highest ratings of the season, 3.9 million, so unless there are those of you out there that believe in jinxes, I'd say it's not the Muppets' fault.

The real thing to be worried about is what show is going to replace it....:scary:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well...
I for one... (Or for twelve, I dunno :stick_out_tongue:)
Like Good Luck Charlie, but I really doubt that it's the Muppet appearances that are getting shows such as this, and "So Random" or "Take Two With Phineas And Ferb" Cancelled. Because if that were the case, Disney wouldn't put Muppets in everything just so the rating can plummet...
Except Take Two wasn't even a TV show. It was something they put on during the commercial breaks. I don't see why they stopped. Maybe the other celebrity appearances were getting far too expensive.

Bridget

Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe this...

Why though? To be honest, Good Luck Charlie wasn't necessarily one of the worst shows on Disney Channel. Sure it had it's good and bad episodes, but why should that be the show to go off air?

**When did they announce that?**

Drtooth

Reaction score
I bet they planned on not renewing it all along. Again, production caps.

Would've been cool if the Muppet Episode was the series finale.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Yet Phineas & Ferb is still going strong, being the longest-running Disney Channel original series and beating out Disney's unwritten rule on limiting its shows to 65 or 100 episodes.

Bridget

Reaction score
Yet Phineas & Ferb is still going strong, being the longest-running Disney Channel original series and beating out Disney's unwritten rule on limiting its shows to 65 or 100 episodes.
So true, thank goodness for that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but Phineas and Ferb is good. Plus, it was pretty under the radar when it premiered. They seemed to market the fact that Ashley Tinsdale was in it more than the cartoon itself. That's why it took me a couple years to start watching it.

dwmckim

Reaction score
The Muppets don't have anything to do with the shows leaving the air. A single guest star appearing on one episode will never be the basis of such a programming decision.

Shows like this usually air long enough to where they have enough episodes to where they can be repackaged for syndication. Aside from that, Disney Channel shows typically star and are built around kids (actually played by kids) and by their very nature have a short shelf life because the actors are only young enough for so long for the show's premise to work.

Besides of course being an excellent show to begin with, there's a reason why P&F outlasted all the live action sitcoms...being animated characters, a show about kids isn't affected by the portrayers of the characters aging.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Besides of course being an excellent show to begin with, there's a reason why P&F outlasted all the live action sitcoms...being animated characters, a show about kids isn't affected by the portrayers of the characters aging.
Animated properties are usually subject to the same production caps. Usually worse, as animation costs far more than live action does. Warner Bros and Disney love production caps. Even if a show is popular, it rarely breaks the 65 episode limit. Scratch that. Now you're lucky to even get a 65 episode limit, with most shows being capped at 52. Batman Brave and the Bold got saddled with a production cap, as did The Batman before it.

P&F is lucky to be popular enough to break the production cap. Not for the lack of consideration on Disney's part. They keep saying the next season will be the last, and that was 2 seasons ago. But it makes enough in merchandising to keep the show on the air. But it also lasted as long as it did because Disney gave it a chance.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
It's strange that GLC happened to be the one to get cancelled. I found it much better than the other Disney kidcoms (So Random, Shake It Up, Jessie, Dog With A Blog).

Yeah, kidcoms tend to end after the 3rd or 4th season. It happened to Victorious, Drake & Josh, The Amanda Show, That's So Raven, and a bunch of others.