New Sesame paid-subscription YouTube channel

dwmckim

Reaction score
I don't see this as bad at all. Provided of course that they still maintain their free channel full of shorter clips. Remember The Jim Henson Company was one of the first to have a paid subscription YT channel - but of course that's been a pretty sweet deal given the variety of stuff available there - many of which hasn't been previously readily available in the States. Speaking personally though, select episodes of fairly recent seasons isn't a real enticement for me to sign up...start offering previously unreleased classic early episodes and that would be a whole new story!

FunnyBear

Reaction score
I don't see this as bad at all. Provided of course that they still maintain their free channel full of shorter clips. Remember The Jim Henson Company was one of the first to have a paid subscription YT channel - but of course that's been a pretty sweet deal given the variety of stuff available there - many of which hasn't been previously readily available in the States. Speaking personally though, select episodes of fairly recent seasons isn't a real enticement for me to sign up...start offering previously unreleased classic early episodes and that would be a whole new story!
No, I don't think that they would do that because of the classic episodes on Amazon and iTunes

Drtooth

Reaction score
The issue still stands as thus. Netflix and Hulu Plus... you get to pay a flat rate to watch all the premium show streams from all the different channels. Here, you'd have to pay a subscription to Henson and SW to watch just the both of their stuff. I still don't see why commercials no longer give them enough revenue, but that's another rant entirely.

I will say, this does explain why episodes from season 35 and 36 were removed from Netflix (though others remain which are are YT for monies).
No, I don't think that they would do that because of the classic episodes on Amazon and iTunes
And so we come to the seedy underbelly of TV streaming. Exclusivity of rights. Some company is going to offer another company more money, and all the shows will be split up into different channels on all these sites we're all going to have to pay for. And of course, the threat of an entertainment conglomerate dropping a show or all its programming if they feel they want more money. Streaming does have potential, but the potential to suck as much as television does.