Sugar Beet song

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
Am I crazy, or was there once a song about sugar beets on Sesame Street? the song went something like, "Beet, beet, sugar beet, beet...) Or was that another show? I heard something about sugar beets the other day, and it made me think of the song.

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
Fuzzhead said:
Am I crazy, or was there once a song about sugar beets on Sesame Street? the song went something like, "Beet, beet, sugar beet, beet...) Or was that another show? I heard something about sugar beets the other day, and it made me think of the song.
yep, its playing in my head right now!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... There is indeed a song from Sesame Street titled "Sugar Beet".
If you want the lyrics, head on to http://members.tripod.com/Tiny_Dancer/sesame3.html

You'll find it there along with lots of other Sesame and some Muppet songs' lyrics.
If you want the home address of this terrific website, just change the 3 in the address provided above with a 1 and you'll land on the front page. From there' you should click on the link that says "Animal" to go to the first page of all the songs' lyrics listed in alphabetical order.
Hope this helps and have fun exploring the website.

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
Thanks for the great info, Count. I know you are the authority on all things Sesame.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Thanks, but I wouldn't go so far as "authority". There's a fellow member here, GB, who knows tons more than I do about the earlier years. But thanks for the compliment.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
I remember that song, I remember the farm mill part. According to NantoVision1, It was filmed in North America. And the mill worker who tasted the sugar and said "Sugar!" at the end of the film is Aaron Benson.

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
I remember that song, I remember the farm mill part. According to NantoVision1, It was filmed in North America. And the mill worker who tasted the sugar and said "Sugar!" at the end of the film is Aaron Benson.
I watched it on Youtube the other day, and mistook that guy for Wilford Brimley. Also, that song is one of the earwormiest earworms.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
The guy at the end scared me as a kid. My sister used to get a kick out of telling me he was going to come on the screen as I shielded my eyes.