New movies coming out...

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
ANd hopefully the next 3 Idols (the nightmare continues as Simon Madcowl was picked up for 3 mo' years) will elisit the same attention! :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
has TV resorted to this?

oh no

wait Big Brother's on!!!

I know it's the trashiest one of them all....but that and amazing race are the only ones I could handle

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
saw pirates of the caribbean yesterday. good movie but it was a tad long. but all in all, a great pirate movie that was loads of fun. johnny depp did a heck of a job as the main guy. his character was the funniest because half the time he looked like he didn't have a clue about anything.

ryan

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
and Haunted Mansion looks good.....the movie MIGHT have some future hope
i saw that preview hunted mansion when i saw the pirates of the caribbean movie. it's with eddie murphey and it's another one of those kiddie type movies. i don't think it'll be any good since how eddie has made like 3 or 4 movies in a row where no one liked them.

ryan

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
I'm looking forward to Johnny English. The teaser trailer for that looked absolutely hillarious!
Oooh! Me too! I think it looks great! I love Rowan Atkinson!

wolfy

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:
Oooh! Me too! I think it looks great! I love Rowan Atkinson!
Okay...wolfy is totally in the dark now!

What is "Johnny English?"

All I know about movies right now is that my son is constantly saying that there is no WAY he is going to go see "League of Extrodinary Gentlemen" because he says it's messed up from the book. Whatever. Most movies are, in my opinion, but that's just my opinion...

Think I can really wait to see Depp's "Pirates" movie (we've had enough trouble with "Pirates" around Pittsburgh, lately...inside joke), wasn't sure about the "Haunted Mansion" movie (not a big Eddie fan, although I do enjoy "Trading Places") and the only movie I am really looking forward to seeing right now, but with some trepidation is the new 1-900-VAMPIRE that my son and his group are filming with John Russo...

The trepidation comes from my having to see my kid get killed onscreen. Don't know about me, but Elvis's mom cried...I think I might, too, seeing my kid get it like he did...*sigh* Didn't even get a chance to be a vampire, poor guy...

Anyone going to try for the $100,000 prize from America's Funniest with the soap bubble contest they have right now? Might have better odds than with that last lottery, even though I bought my ticket in the same area as the Pennsylvania winner (dang, so darned close...again!).
wolfy

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
johnny english stars rowan atkinson, well known for his character bean.basically the movie is about rowan as a detective in a spoof spy movie. that's what johnny english is..

ryan

electricmayhem

Reaction score
ryan said:
saw pirates of the caribbean yesterday. good movie but it was a tad long. but all in all, a great pirate movie that was loads of fun. johnny depp did a heck of a job as the main guy.
I agree with Ryan. I saw 'Pirates' last night and I loved it. It's just a fun movie in my opinion. Johnny Depp was hilarious and, well, if you know me, you don't have to ask my opinion of Mr. Bloom( :flirt: ) and it was just an overall entertaining fun summer movie. There's a neat part where they re-create the famous scene from the ride with the dog holding the jail cell keys. In fact, I'll probably see it again before it leaves theaters.

I also saw the Haunted Mansion preview and I think it looks pretty good. I think this looks better than Eddie Murphy's most recent films. The preview was funny anyway :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:
It's just a fun movie in my opinion. :smile:
My brother saw it a few days ago, and he said the same thing about it, except his comment was followed by "Muppet Treasure Island was a better movie," and he's not even that big of a Mupet fan (although he loves MTI).

I still have yet to see it.

radionate

Reaction score
I saw Pirates last night just because it looked like good campy fun. I mean its got Johnny Depp in mascara!!!!!

And it was AWSOME!!! So much fun. Tons of nods to the ride, which made me laugh (most of the audience missed them).

Johnny Depp is such an amazing actor, as is Geoffrey Rush.

Orlando Bloom ain't bad to look at on the screen either.

Special effects weren't too bad, and the story was a good old fashioned fun pirate movie.

I really do encourage folks to give this movie a try.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I wanted to see it, but we opted for Sean Connery's "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen."

Wish I had seen "Pirates." Wait for "League" to come to video. It's okay, but very odd. After all, it's based on a graphic novel (a glorified comic book for those who don't know).