So... Sesame Street Season 44!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muppetman15

Reaction score
So, season 43's over with, which means it's time to find out what's going with the next season! There's some slight info over on Muppet Wiki. The most important thing is: more Jerry Nelson material, which is fantastic. I hear there's also a Jerry tribute they filmed, but there's no real details. Plus, we're getting a new cast member, with a video series about it:

If you find any other information about the season, post it here!
IK its crazy my grandma remembers this show from when she was a kid!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Goes without saying that Mountain Climber the Musical was withheld for season 44, right?

I wonder if those Ernie and Bert segments, at least one of them, that Oscarfan mentioned may have a shot of being on as well.

I'm not liking this filming one season while filming another. Seems like there's a huge possibility they're going to make references and parodies that will really be old by the time they air no matter how fresh they were when writing..

cahuenga

Reaction score
The sketch parodies are taped usually after the street stories...and the last year were taped in May...so are taped every year..not like the street stories from this year...that were taped alon season 42 apisodes in 2011 and along season 44 episodes the last fall. I hope Susan, and Gaby would appear in season 44, they werent at all in the new street stories from season 43. I think it should be noted in the Muppetwiki page of season 43..

Drtooth

Reaction score
They do have parodies in street stories as well. Just this darn lead time and doing everything well over a year in advance can come back to bite them. Look at the LMNOP episode. ***** broke up well before that episode aired, and Gangham Style made everyone completely forget them, and Harlem Shake made everyone forget about that.

Sadly, their most relevant references take after movie remakes. The A-Team episode was delightfully retro, and Iron Monster works because those movies made the character more popular than ever.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, what's the deal with them filming two seasons a year now? Does it have something to do with their budget or the production values or something? Caroll has mentioned before that in the old days, they used to tape two episodes a day because of how simple the show was, but when their production values started increasing, it started taking them longer to shoot their content.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's really only been season 43 that was shot between two seasons. Not really a big deal. The LMNOP ep. was shot sometime last fall; not their fault it was slightly dated by then, the episode was written well in advance.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They do have parodies in street stories as well. Just this darn lead time and doing everything well over a year in advance can come back to bite them. Look at the LMNOP episode. ***** broke up well before that episode aired, and Gangham Style made everyone completely forget them, and Harlem Shake made everyone forget about that.
Well dude, a lot of these shows are like that... just look at ARTHUR: TELETUBBIES first hit American airwaves in 1998, and slowly fell into obscurity by the time their LOVE DUCKS parody surfaced in 2000. Similarly, WIMZIE'S HOUSE was on Canadian TV from 1997 to 1998, and on American TV from 1998 to 2000, but their blatant parody of it on ARTHUR wasn't seen till 2003. Not to mention, the whole anti-bullying campaign first surfaced two or three years ago or so, but it's just now being addressed on ARTHUR.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Here's a new song from the season, performed by Rosita and Armando at a PBS press event:

Status
Not open for further replies.