Minor Muppetz' TMS Outline: Johnny Carson

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This outline takes place during the third season of The Muppet Show.

Dressing Room
Scooter: OH, Johnny Carson, fifteen seconds 'till curtain!
Johnny Carson: Fifteen secodns? I can't get ready in fifteen seconds!
Scooter: (looking at watch) Now it's five seconds.
Johnny Carson: Oh, no, I'm gonna be late.
Scooter: Well, now you are late.
Johnny Carson: (Groans)
Scooter: But don't worry... you're act doesn't start for another 2 minutes.
Johnny Carson: 2 minutes? I need more than 2 minutes......

Introduction
Kermit announces that Johnny carson is the guest star and then introduces Scooter.

Opening Number: Be True To Your School
Scooter wears a blue school jacket as he sings and dances around the hallway, encountering Annie Sue Pig, Link Hogthrob, Gloat, Louis Kazagger, Gladys, and Droop. Eventually, the electric mayhem enters and provides back-up music and vocals for Scooter.

Balcony
Statler: I was true to my school.
Waldorf: You went to school?
Statler: Yeah, why?
Waldorf: I didn't think they had schools when you were a kid.

Introduction
"And now, heeeeeeerees Johnny!"

Sketch
Johnny Carson plays a hypnotist. Beaker is his first customer, and Johnny hypnotizes Beaker to do a backflip. His next customer is Gonzo, who he hypnotizes into reciting the gettysberg adress. His next customer is Rowlf, who he hypnotizes into lifting a piano and dancing. His last customer is Robin, who Johnny hypnotizes into being a spoiled brat.

Balcony
Statler: That was the worst guest star act they've had all year!
Waldorf: That wasn't the worst guest star act they've had all year.
Statler: it wasn't?
Waldorf: No, it was the worst guest star act they've had period!
Robin: (showing up in balcony) Hey, these seats should be mine, not yours. (somehow manages to throw Statler and Waldorf out of the box)

Veterinarians Hospital
Beaker is the patient. Rowlf puts a heart pump on Beaker, which causes beaker to get blown up.

Backstage
Robin tells Kermit that he wants a BB gun, some pizza, some ice cream, and a spot on tonghts show. Kermit tells Johnny Carson that he thought having Robin hypnotized into a spoiled brat was just ana ct. Johnny says that it was, but he accidently said the right words instead of the fake "Act" words.

Song: Won't You Marry Me Phil?
Janice wears a wedding dress and sings in front of a church, backed by four whatnot women.

UK Spot: Carpendars medley
Rowlf sings a medley of carpendars songs, including Close To You, We've Only Just Begun, and Rainy Days and Mondays. Beauregard interrupts by doing some rebuilding, thinking that by doing a "carpendars medley" Beauregard had to do a variety of carpeting.

Pigs In Space
Dr. Strangepork has just installed a new lazer system to destroy all intruders. He presses a button, and lazers constantly go off inside the swinetrek, hurting Miss Piggy, Link Hogthrob, and Dr. Strangepork.

Backstage
Robin begs to be in the next act, but Kermit says no. Marvin Suggs and the muppahones go on-stage, and one of the muppaphones overhears the conversation and tells Robin that he can take his place in the next act.

Act
Marvin Suggs focuses on hitting Robin more than the other muppaphones, and eventually attacks Marvin, taking his mallet and hitting him. The Muppaphonmes cheer.

Balcony
Waldorf: We've got to get ourselves a mallot.

Backstage
Kermit tells Lobbock Lou that the jugband number has been cut tonight. Kermit then tells Robin that he canceled an act so that Robin can be in the show, but Robin's trance has worn off and he is no longer a spoiled brat.

Introduction
Kermit itnroduces Robin.

Flight of the Bumblebee
Robin plays the song as several bumblebees start interrupting his act. Robin tries to eat one, but his throat get's stung.

Introduction
"And now, for one last time, heeeers johnny!"

Monologue
Johnny Carson swings a yo-yo around, then he throws an anvil into the sky and shoots it with a gun, causing an anvil with holes to fall down. Miss Piggy asks if she can do somethign during his act. Johnny carson tells her that he works alone, so Miss Piggy karate chops him.

Good Night
Kermit and Johnny are joined by Dr. Strangepork, Scooter, Rowlf, Janice, and Beaker.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
The best part was Robin throwing poor Statler and Waldorf out of the balcony :big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Song: Won't You Marry Me Phil?
Janice wears a wedding dress and sings in front of a church, backed by four whatnot women.
I just recently found out that the title of this song is actually "Wedding Bell Blues". Oops!

Stan Davis

Reaction score
who perform these characters
four whatnot women
the muppaphones

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
The best part was Robin throwing poor Statler and Waldorf out of the balcony :big_grin:
I will have to agree with you, Bill Bubble Guy. I thought that was funny. Other than being hypnotized as a spoiled brat, he is a snappy five inch frog, but not exactly a spoiler.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
who perform these characters
four whatnot women
the muppaphones
I would say those aren't too important, the whatnot women are merely back-up singers, but I guess we can say the Muppaphones are Jerry, Richard, and Jim.

It's interesting, you keep finding old TMS outlines where I didn't list "who performed who"... I could have sworn I did that with at least all of the TMS-outlines from 2005-2007. I wonder what's happened to my memory (or why I WOULDN'T have done that with a large number of old outlines), though I wouldn't have listed performers for back-up singers with no distinct vocals.