Wild Thornberries DVD (interesting development)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
See, now THAT annoys me twice as much as complete series sets for long-running series do in general: I hate when these studios begin releasing individual season sets of a certain show, then after they release like two seasons or so, they're like screw it, let's just release the complete series and be done with it. That's sto STUPID!

They did the same thing with LEAVE IT TO BEAVER years ago: they released the first two seasons individual, then after a period of no new releases, Universal decided to just release the complete series instead, which makes me so mad.

I've said it before, but I'll keep saying it until the cows come home: COMPLETE SERIES SETS ARE MORE LOGICAL FOR SHORT-RUNNER SERIES THAT LASTED ONLY A SEASON OR TWO AT BEST!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree. There's no call to release the complete series before the final one. I have no problem with complete collections, mainly because in the long run they're usually cheaper to get all at once. Though, convenience lies in buying single sets. But releasing it before, rather than along side the final season is a pain in the butt for those who buy every set separate when they come out. Luckily I've been too cash strapped to get any of these yet, so a complete series set will do me some good.

I really wonder if that's the intended price and not a mistake. 30 bucks for 4 seasons worth of cartoons, 10 disks? That's as much as buying 2 single half season sets. That's a bargain. A real middle finger for those who bought the sets one by one, a boon to those who couldn't.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I always buy the single sets but i know that sooner or later they'll release the complete series. So i'll just sale my single season sets at video store or give them away to firends. But i'll buy it and as well as the complete series of Rocko's too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The complete series of Rocko is already out, but I don't see just Season Four anywhere yet. :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
:sigh:

I guess I'm gonna have to order Season Four of Rocko, since none of the stores wanna carry it, and are only selling the Complete Series set.

Have I mentioned how much I hate when this happens?