Petition for Skeeter in The Muppets... Again!

mo

Reaction score
I would like to see skeeter again..

RC1979

Reaction score
You do realize that "Muppet Babies" was all in Miss Piggy's imagination and they never grew up that way, so Skeeter is just imaginary.
All a lie? This is just like Newheart. On the other hand, Skeeter wasn't in TMTM

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
You do realize that "Muppet Babies" was all in Miss Piggy's imagination and they never grew up that way, so Skeeter is just imaginary.
I haven't seen TMTM for a long time but I do remember from the comic book adaptation Piggy saying to Kermit that she wishes that they could have met much sooner. And Kermit replies like when they were little kids.

This then leads into the Muppet Babies sequence and in its context does imply that it is just a fantasy in Piggy's imagination. However the Muppets have never been sticklers for strict continuity. At least the possibility is there to just introduce an adult Skeeter Muppet to a new movie or television series as Scooter's twin sister and they don't even need to make reference to Muppet Babies or any other origin. Just like many characters throughout The Muppet Show and Muppets Tonight usually just made appearances often with little or no background explanations and some also disappeared with no explanation.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Guys... Skeeter wasn't that interesting of a character. She was only thrown in there to add another girl. I don't know why people are so fascinated by her.

PanthraDion

Reaction score
I like Skeetere because she is such a contrasting character to Miss Piggy. I can't speak for anyone else, but I think that there needs to be another strong female character besides Miss Piggy and Janice (Yes, I included Janice).

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
I've always disliked the moniker of "Strong female character." What does that imply about the rest of the female population? Are they all weak, meek, and needy?

I don't know. I respectfully disagree. Skeeter doesn't have much of a function outside of Muppet Babies.

PanthraDion

Reaction score
I've always disliked the moniker of "Strong female character." What does that imply about the rest of the female population? Are they all weak, meek, and needy?
That is not what I am saying. What I mean is that Piggy needs another female who is here equal, strong willed, stubborn, determined, and I see all of that in Skeeter.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Oh, no, I realize you didn't mean anything sexist by it! I was just saying that the term in general is usually used as a poor excuse for characterization.

PanthraDion

Reaction score
Ah, ok then. My apologies. I understand where you are coming from.