The guilty pleasure thread!

mo

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we don't have this thread so... yeah guilty pleasures! the things we like but we know are bad... I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one on this forum who's got 'em...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I would certainly say that 13 GOING ON 30 is a guilty pleasure for me, because I KNOW it's a chick-flick, but somehow, I find it amusing and entertaining to watch. Not to mention I really like Mark Ruffalo as an actor.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The Bloodhound Gang. They are pretty much my opposite taste in music. But they did tour with Bowling for Soup, so...maybe there's something to it :stick_out_tongue:

mo

Reaction score
The Bloodhound Gang. They are pretty much my opposite taste in music. But they did tour with Bowling for Soup, so...maybe there's something to it :stick_out_tongue:
at first I was like "who are the blooodhound gang?" than I googled them and relised I used to love this one music video that they did when I was like 5 or something...now I know why my mother didn't like me watching it :/

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Yeah, I was in 5th grade or thereabouts when "Bad Touch" came out and as I recall it caused quite a stir, but that didn't keep me from hearing it. The Ben Affleck Daredevil film is a guilty pleasure of mine (which reminds me, I have to get it on DVD). I stand firm that the ONLY miscasting in that film was Jennifer Garner. I loved it when it first came out, it was so much darker than the other superhero films coming out at the time, and I can't understand why people hate it so much.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I never liked the term guilty pleasure. Seems to be thrown around too much by people who want to rationalize watching sleazy reality programs that would be completely out of character to watch. Oh. And they watch it ironically, which as I've always said is like book burning. As in, you have to buy the books first. And once you buy something, save putting it up free on the internet, they don't give 2 craps about what you do with it since they have the money anyway. Watching reality TV ironically still generates buzz, garners ratings, and keeps it relevant. They don't care if you laugh at it for being stupid if they tricked you into watching it anyway.

I don't really have much, since I'm quite open to what I like. Maybe that freaking horsey show. Only thing I really feel funny about. Other than that, I'm fine with what I enjoy.

Twitch92

Reaction score
My Fair Wedding. I love watching the creative process of how wedding planners work. Which is weird because I have no interest in being married.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I never liked the term guilty pleasure. Seems to be thrown around too much by people who want to rationalize watching sleazy reality programs that would be completely out of character to watch. Oh. And they watch it ironically, which as I've always said is like book burning. As in, you have to buy the books first. And once you buy something, save putting it up free on the internet, they don't give 2 craps about what you do with it since they have the money anyway. Watching reality TV ironically still generates buzz, garners ratings, and keeps it relevant. They don't care if you laugh at it for being stupid if they tricked you into watching it anyway.
I've thought the same thing. Regarding book burning, I wonder if anybody has ever stolen any books before burning them (NOTE: I do not recommend stealing anything).

And I wonder why people should feel guilty about what they like. I wondered if "guilty pleasures" meant "things we know are bad but like anyway", which makes me think, if you like it, do you really want to admit it's bad?

Though I kinda like to say that the two live-action Garfield movies are guilty pleasures.