Million Muppets March in March

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 5

Kermit, Miss Piggy, Walter, and Robin were all alone at the subway station.

"Now only a few of us are left", said Kermit, "I wonder if we should just give up."

"Now Uncle Kermit", said Robin, "we walked all this way."

"So what if it's now just a four Muppet march", said Miss Piggy, "though I am tired of walking."

"I really wanted all of the Muppets to be involved", said Walter, "and even I don't know whether there are more than one million Muppets. But we can continue walking."

"Well....", said Kermit, as he thought about what to say next... He took a few seconds, quite a few seconds actually, and then.... "You're right! Let's continue our march to the swamp!"

Walter and Robin cheered. Miss Piggy just looked down, but followed as well.

"It would have been great if at least all of my closest friends had stayed", said Kermit.

"And since they are on the subway", said Piggy, "they might get there first."

"Are you sure that subway was headed to the swamp?", asked Kermit.

"You know you're right", said Walter, "in the last chapter they never specifically said that the subway was going to the swamp."

"Well, I just happen to have a copy of the subway schedule", said Robin, glancing at it, "let's see, that was the Jerry Nelson Memorial Subway, and according to this... Well what do you know!"

"What?", said Miss Piggy.

"This is yesterday's subway schedule", said Robin.

Soon they finally made it to the swamp.

"Well, here we are", said Kermit, "we're at the swamp."

"Well, now Moi can FINALLY stop walking", said Miss Piggy.

"Is it just me or has your opinion of this march kept changing every few minutes?", asked Walter.

"Well, I guess the subway was either too slow", said Kermit, "or it actually wasn't headed for...."

"Heyyyyy, froggy babyyyyyyy!", yelled Grover, who then slapped Kermit on the back.

Everyone else soon followed.

"Hey, everyone is here", said Kermit.

"Yeah, us Moopets blew up the subway engine", laughed Miss Poogy.

"Even I wouldn't have done it the way they did", said Crazy Harry, in a rare serious moment.

"You shouldn't have done that", said King Rupert the Second, "I felt that was transportation fit for a king!"

"But then I used my magic to make us walk faster and not be tired", said Abby Cadabby.

"And now we're all together", said Big Bird.

"Yeah, Kermit, I'm sorry I was on the subway", said Fozzie.

"Oh wow!", said Red, "Now I can go swimming!"

"I don't think I'd like to swim in this water", said Spamela Hamderson.

"Oh, I hope there aren't any swamp demons out here", said Mean Floyd.

"This swampy mud water is great!", said Oscar, "it's enough to make a grouch happy and angry at the same time!"

"Well, we're all here", said Kermit, "so, uhhh....."

"Closing number time!", exclaimed Walter.

And they all sang...

"Look at us,
here we are,
right where we belong..."

"The curtain's up" - Kermit
"and the lights are bright" - Piggy
"And they're playing our old song" - Floyd and Janice
"What better place can anyone be?" - Ernie
"Because you're here with me" - Bert
"So much we've been searching for" - Fraggles
"and so much more!" -Electric Mayhem

"So now we're here" - Clifford
"Now we're near" - Bear
"Nothing can go wrong" - Harry the Hipster
"'cause we are right where we belong!" - whole cast

The End

Stan Davis

Reaction score
who perform these characters
Bill, Gil, and Jill
Professor Hastings

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Ever since the initial "million muppet march" was announced I've wanted to try to draw a picture of one million Muppets, if there are that many (and if not I can keep drawing the same chicken, penguin, cow, frog, rat, and pig designs over and over). In the past I've done a few Muppet fan fics where I have listed every single character that's supposed to be there. I won't be doing that for this (and haven't really done that regarding any of my fan fics from the past few years), so if you're wondering if a certain character is supposed to be in this, chances are best that they are in it, even if they're not specifically mentioned.

But there are some exceptions. Here's a listing of who's not included and a little of who is:
  • Pretty much every Jim Henson Company creation from before 2004 is included (except creature shop creations). Additionally, pretty much every Muppet-brand and Sesame Street character (including international shows, though they don't get dialogue because I don't know how to write for them) is included (see below for exceptions).
  • Characters who can't exactly move much wouldn't appear. So no talking houses (we don't even know what they're intended scale with the Muppets would be), no Vendaface or Vendawish, Marjory the Trash Heap (though she probably could travel in Oscar's traveling can), Mt. Rushmore, etc.
  • Most caricature Muppets, except for ones who have been used multiple times (like the Country Trio).
  • Most giant characters. If this was an actual production, it'd probably be awkward to see really big characters in a crowd. Though maybe you can say they are so far back in the crowd that they can't be seen.
  • Characters from The Wizard of Id and The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss, since they are based on the creations of others.
  • Characters from The Christmas Toy and Secret Life of Toys. I wouldn't want them to be frozen forever.
  • Most one-shot fairy tale characters, especially if there were multiple puppets used for the same characters. I'd find it weird to see the TMS and SST versions of Pinocchio together.
  • I'd include either the cast of the JHH Dog City or the cast of the Dog City series but not both (continuity wise it'd be awkward). In fact when it comes to characters who were recycled into multiple characters I'd include both on a case-by-case basis, depending on whether a recycled puppet is different enough (so I think I'd include both Carter and the guitar player from Geri and the Atrics, but not both Jacques Roach and Yves St. LaRoach).
  • Finally, I think I would avoid one-shot characters who intentionally look exactly (or almost exactly) like another character. The wind-up robot version of Kermit, Fozzie's cousin, Bert's brother Bart, most likely Constantine, etc.