Was there an actual Muppet Magazine?

muppet_fan_1

Reaction score
I heard rumors and seen acover, but am not sure. Anyone know? :confused:

matleo

Reaction score
Yep, it ws real. It ran from like 83 or 84 to 88 or so. It as a fun magazonce. comics, intervies with celebs. And just general zany stuff. but very real.

--Matt

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have a few issues, but they're old, lost and in bad condition. It was like the Disney Adventures magazine when it first came out, only with Muppets.

muppet_fan_1

Reaction score
where can I find copies of this magazine? how many wre published do you know? I mean, it couldn't have been for very long f I hadn't heard of it till now...:confused:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Muppet Magazine was aroung for a while. From around 81 or 82 to around 88. I know someone else will have more exact dates, but that is approximately how long it was out. It was published quarterly with a few special issues. Hope this helped a little bit. i too would like to know the exact figure(s).

muppet_fan_1

Reaction score
You say you know someone who would know? by chance....coud you ASK this particular someone? I would greatly appreciate it.:big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I meant someone on the board [in general] could help you with the specific figures and volumes. Be patient for a day or so and I am sure that someone will give you a more detailed answer. I was just offereing what I knes. If you are looking for copies, Ebay is your best choice. There are also copies on Muppet Central every now and then.:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

BorkBork

Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe it's time for me to visit my local used cartoons and magazines dealer :smile:

/Anders

Pschtyckque

Reaction score
The only copy I have is the Star Wars issue. It also features a young Drew Barrymore. Funny stuff.

statnwaldorf

Reaction score
Muppet Magazine ran from January 1982 to Spring 1989. It was quarterly giving a total of 26 magazines, the last issue being solely posters from previous issues.

Hope that helps.

Michael.