Your Muppet mistakes

minor muppetz

Reaction score
For a long time I thought that Beaker only went 'mee'. I now know that he goes both 'mee' and 'meep'.
Well, I used to think he only said mee, even when I heard him make sounds that sound different (like "sadly temporary" in TMM and "no" following one of Bunsen's introductions in Muppet Labs), but has he ever actually said meep? It's usually spelled that way in books, even though he usually doesn't actually say it that way.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
For a very long time I thought Brian Henson had been voicing Kermit after his father's death; it was only within the past 3 years or so I found out it was Steve Whitmire. On a related note, I did not realize Brian voiced Jack Pumpkinhead in the criminally underrated WoO sequel Return to Oz; I thought it was Michael Jackson.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Let's see, my Muppet mistakes...
I remember I had some growing up in the 1990s.

Well as a kid, I thought Bill Barretta performed The Cat in The Hat on The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss.

I didn't know Frank performed Cookie Monster until my middle school years.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
My other Muppet mistakes...

As a young kid, I believed that Jim Henson performed Beautiful Day Monster, not Frank Oz.

I thought Frazzle was performed by various Muppet performers. Now, I realized that only Jerry Nelson performed that orange, furry monster. Oops!

I believed that that the Grouch cop and the jail were performed by another puppeteer. Now, I found out it was Jerry Nelson, the same guy that not only did the grouches with his rough voice, he did Herry Monster, Sherlock Hemlock, and so much more.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
As a kid I remember thinking that the cast of Sesame Street "Sesame Street Characters" instead of "Sesame Street Muppets"

Animal'sBunny

Reaction score
For the longest time I thought Miss Piggy was voiced by a woman. I also thought Big Bird was a girl. Don't ask me why. I've probably made tons of others, but that's off the top of my head.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
In between the time I saw TMM as a child and when I saw it again for the 1st time as an adult, I thought "Moving Right Along" was performed by Kermit and Fozzie while they were dancing in the El Sleazo.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A mistake I made that I just remembered: Long ago, when Henson.com added an FAQ section, some of the questions were worded very silly/over-dramatically, and I thought those questions really were asked that way.* There were questions worded like "I need to write a research paper on Jim Henson and it's due tomorrow, and if I don't get an A I'll lose my job and my dog will leave me" and "My kid has locked himself in the closet and won't come out until he gets a Bear in the Big Blue House toy. When will I see my son again?" The things 14-year-old would believe were true....

*Of course I felt like all questions on FAQ pages were asked once (well, they must have been asked once... and then again and again and again....). I also thought FAQ pages posted ANY questions that were sent to the web masters. One time I e-mailed the author of a Muppet FAQ with some questions I had, that weren't on that page, and I was surprised that they e-mailed me back. I expected the questions and answers to show up on the FAQ page.

For a few years when Elmo in Grouchland first came out, I had thought that it was nothing more than a sing along tape. And then later, when I started seeing characters and things online that I didn't remember from the tape, I realized that it was a full blown movie. :embarrassed:
Well, there was a sing-along video promoting that movie, called "The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland Sing-and-Play". It had one or two songs from the movie as well as some songs from the show.

As far as I know there are only 2 English recordings of Rubber Duckie: The first version, filmed for the first season of SS, which was a bit more slow paced than the other version, recorded for the Sesame Street Original Cast Album and later used on the show. That's the version everyone's familiar with, Ernie against a blue background, etc. whereas the original had Ernie in his living room.
Anyway that's besides the point. They're both recorded by Jim Henson.
There's also a version of the song from around season 30, with Ernie taking a bath in a more detailed bathroom. Jim's vocals were used. These vocals were also used in a film insert showing kids taking baths, and Little Richard sang it on the show in season 25.