What made you think today?

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I've been watching Feminist Frequency on YouTube, which basically explores how women are portrayed in modern media. It talked about things like the more obvious tropes like 'Damsel in Distress' to a lot of other things that usually flew over my head until now. It got me thinking about the female characters in many of my favourite shows, some were either distinctly lacking or never had much interaction with each other. It kinda made me sad.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know I've ranted about this before, but modern media aside, it still kind of bugs me a little that in modern society, women STILL do things that are better left undoable, all simply because men do it, and if men can do it, why can't they. I don't understand why there's still that kind of mentality today. Like for example: a lot of women don't shave their legs anymore because men don't have to shave their legs (I'm sorry, but as a leg man myself, that's just gross); or a lot of women get these days get more and more tattoos because men get tattoos; and I'm bet there may be some women out who try their hardest to use the bathroom standing up because men can do it.

At this rate, I look forward to the day where women will start holding the doors open, or pulling the chairs out for us because we do it for them.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Alright then, I'll make sure I purposely slam the door on the dude coming out of the building behind me :/

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Snowth, have you ever considered that some women choose not to shave their legs, get tattoos, etc, because THEY WANT TO, not because men can do the same? And who the heck says that leg hair on women is gross?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Snowth, have you ever considered that some women choose not to shave their legs, get tattoos, etc, because THEY WANT TO, not because men can do the same?
I've NEVER come across a woman yet who said they do those things on their own free will, it's ALWAYS because of men.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Then you are hanging out with the wrong people.

I've thought about getting a tattoo because I want one, not because of men :/

I hate to say it but you are coming off extremely sexist

Lola p

Reaction score
I've NEVER come across a woman yet who said they do those things on their own free will, it's ALWAYS because of men.

Uh.... What?

All of the people I know who have all of that don't give a rat's bum about all of the "because men do it" junk. They do it because they WANT to do it. Believe it or not, women can do stuff on their own.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
It. Is. NEVER. EVER. BECAUSE. OF. MEN! NEVER!

If I ever get a tattoo, I'll do it because I want something to show about myself and because I've always been found of them, especially ones that look like beautiful works of art. NOT BECAUSE OF MEN!

When I don't shave my legs, it's usually because I don't need to as a wear trousers most of the time, unless I'm wearing tights. NOT BECAUSE OF MEN!

Get that in your head already!

You say you've never come across a woman who said they do those things out of free will? Well, you have now!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was watching THE THREE CABALLEROS yesterday, and it got me to wondering why exactly did I like this movie as a kid? Granted, it wasn't a favorite of mine, but I occasionally enjoyed it from time to time as a kid, but watching it yesterday had me wondering why I enjoyed it at all... it seems like, in a way I can describe so someone like Drtooth would immediately understand, if they made a SST movie out of a Muppet sitting around and watching a BUNCH of those Season 1 lecture films like "Hey Cow, I See You Now" for an hour and a half. Matter of fact, there was a LOT watching yesterday that I didn't even remember watching as a kid, which makes me wonder if I fast-forwarded through a deal of it as a kid to get to the good parts or something.

I dunno.