Video: The Count Celebrates Sesame Street's 1 Billion Views on YouTube

DePingPong

Reaction score
You can hear a minor difference from Jerry, but other than that it's amazing. The Count is my third favorite character. First being
, then :wisdom:, then :batty: Happy to see that the Count isn't being killed off

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i love it, all for the fact that we got Count and Matt is amazing. it is almost a seamless transition (you know if we didnt all miss Jerry) but I feel Jerry would be very proud of Matt....this was an amazing video to wake up and find.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Was this one of his first performances? Bravo Matt! To be honest here, I am kinda scared to hear the new Elmo voice.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Is that really it? I was expecting a old never-before seen video. Not so top secret after all.
Eh, I was expecting some sort of congratulatory video. In my mind, an unaired classic sketch seems like something only fans like us would appreciate. I'm satisfied with what we got, and I'm especially impressed that Sesame was brave enough to revive the Count for this. I knew Matt Vogel would do a terrific job performing him. :batty:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, that really does speak the truth. Something rare and unaired like Snuffy's Parents Get Divorced or the unused Spartan Cheerleaders thing probably would go over the casual fans who don't know what the heck they are.

But am I ever glad they didn't jump on the Harlem Shake bandwagon and gave us something much more original and indicative of Sesame Street. Bad enough they got in on Call me Maybe... TWICE!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Bad enough they got in on Call me Maybe... TWICE!
"Share it Maybe" had the kind of effect that The Chipmunks have: taking a song that was kind of bad to begin with (well, if you're NOT a tween girl who hasn't listen to much of anything else to comprehend what GOOD music really is) and actually making it enjoyable. I'll give them that, but yeah, "So here's Elmo's number/so call Elmo maybe"... that was pretty much unnecessary. Very.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Cookie Monster one was cute, I guess... better lyrics at least. As hypocritical as it sounds, I almost wanna see Gangham Style done by some Muppet (I nominate Oscar for "Grouchy Style" myself) since I kinda actually dig that meme (I kinda like Asian pop music, especially campy stuff)... but the fact they didn't just copy/parody some meme gains my respect.