Cereal Puppet

crazy chris

Reaction score
Thats the coolest puppet Ive seen in a long time!!!!!!

cc

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ho. Ly. Crap!

That is AMAZING! How long did it take you to build it? The details are so painstakingly believable.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
THANKS GUYS!!!!

Oh gosh, I did it over a period of about a week, but the cereal alone took 5+ tedious hours. I have a rotary cutter and a cutting mat, so that helped speed up the cutting process (although fleece doesn't always like to be cut with a rotary, so some scissoring was involved. Not a euphemism....). But each piece of cereal was individually glued on (hot glue). Kinda like how as kids we'd make crafts with little squares of tissue & the end of a pencil & white glue to make the tissue stand up like a flower, except in this case it was micro fleece, hot glue, and my finger. :smile: There are over 1,000 pieces of cereal glued to his "head" .... glad to be done!

Hubert

Reaction score
This is really cool. That cereal just seems so authentic. :smile:

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
oh man, you guys, you have no idea how worried I was that it wouldn't look like cereal when I was done. Thank you so much!

You can see it up close on flickr, if you right click & choose "view original size" (it gets *really* close--like, glue strings & fuzz-balls & all!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/staceyrebecca/8406429481/

I gotta say, I really like micro fleece. For perspective, the eyes are larger than ping-pong balls. The bowl itself is 10" in diameter & 6" tall, with the cereal piled on top of that.

downunderbatman

Reaction score
Absolutely incredible. That is one seriously cool puppet. A lot of work but the results are outstanding.