Your Muppet mistakes

Hubert

Reaction score
For a few years when Elmo in Grouchland first came out, I had thought that it was nothing more than a sing along tape. And then later, when I started seeing characters and things online that I didn't remember from the tape, I realized that it was a full blown movie. :embarrassed:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
For a few years when Elmo in Grouchland first came out, I had thought that it was nothing more than a sing along tape. And then later, when I started seeing characters and things online that I didn't remember from the tape, I realized that it was a full blown movie. :embarrassed:
Similar thing happened to me with the Jim Henson Hour, I thought there was just an unusual amount of Muppet specials that year and only later realized it was an actual TV show, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm almost embarrassed to admit this at this point, but as a kid, I hadn't really seen much of TMS, though I knew what it was, and what it was about, and all that jazz.

Any way, as a kid, and I heard that there was a TMS pilot called "Sex and Violence"... well, knowing that Muppets work well with kids (SST, FR, etc), my initial assumption was that "Sex and Violence" was a Henson-produced educational special using Muppets to reach out to kids on what to do if they're faced with abuse, sexual or otherwise (y'know, similar to those kind of videos we watched in school about that stuff).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When I first heard of the documentary The World of Jim Henson, I rightfully assumed that it was new, but then when I saw the special and saw the various footage of Jim Henson talking about his career, I thought it must have been made much earlier. Then I got more confused when his death was acknowledged at the end. It wasn't until years later that I realised that the special did premiere when I first saw it, and that the interview footage must have come earlier. And I still don't know where most of the Jim Henson footage originated.

On a similar note, when I first got the sing-along video It's Not Easy Being Green, I assumed that all of the clips were reshot exactly scene-for-scene in order to accomodate the on-screen lyrics, and was confused that Jim Henson was credited, sure that the video (as well as the Kokomo music video) was new.

Bridget

Reaction score
This may or may not be a mistake. But, in the Jim Henson Memorial when the puppeteers were singing Just One Person, the pig in the back, I wasn't sure if it was Annie Sue or Miss Piggy!

dwmckim

Reaction score
I am embarrassed to admit this, not almost :smile:

I keep getting Mildred confused with Hilda...
Not too embarrassing...but i wouldn't mention this to frogfan76...

In my mistakes-resulting-from-Muppets category, one of my Sesame coloring books when i was a kid had a page with Cookie at a taco stand manned by Luis with smoke coming out of his mouth with thought balloon "Hot cookie!" - and so for a long time i thought tacos were a kind of hot cookie (Taco Bell's weren't quite so prevalent just yet)

MrsPepper

Reaction score
As a kid I had a hard time remembering the SS humans' names and I always mixed up Gina and Linda. In fact I still do, I wikia'd it just now to check who was who.

Pianogirl

Reaction score
My muppet mistakes began when I was really little and I thought fraggle rock was a muppet knock off. I also thought that Kermit was rarely featured in SS. Shows how much I knew as a kid.

Bridget

Reaction score
This a question more than a mistake, but aren't there two versions of Rubber Duckie? Whp sings the second version?