Another Stupid movie to Overreact to...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Most people would hope this is acutally a joke, but it's true. The Oogieloves might be nominated at this year's Oscars. But I guess it won't make it there, due to how poorly it's been dealt with (okay, maybe there are some people who like it, but still...)
This probably ruins the joke of it, but every movie that's been released in a year is eligible for Oscar nomination, and every single film is submitted. There is NO WAY it's going to get into the consideration stage at all. I remember seeing an ad for the live action Scooby-Doo movie's Oscar campaign. Mathew Lillard didn't get so much as an Oscar nod for that, so I doubt that anything will come of this either.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Look out. Yet another "cheap bootleg home video CGI piece of crap somehow getting a wide American theatrical release"
Yeah, someone mentioned that somewhere else. I really don't see how this deserves a theatrical release. However, this thing was supposed to come out about now, and I haven't seen any marketing whatsoever other than that online trailer. I guess maybe the big theater chains might have run it, but I go to smaller local ones that show like one trailer.

I just don't see this being anything more than a flop that only would make money if the budget was astronomically low.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Yeah, someone mentioned that somewhere else. I really don't see how this deserves a theatrical release. However, this thing was supposed to come out about now, and I haven't seen any marketing whatsoever other than that online trailer. I guess maybe the big theater chains might have run it, but I go to smaller local ones that show like one trailer.

I just don't see this being anything more than a flop that only would make money if the budget was astronomically low.
I've seen the trailer in every movie I've seen recently, starting with Wreck It Ralph (that trailer played during every movie I saw since it debuted until it's release. One independent theater I went to played this trailer during Rise Of The Guardians. And I think it looks cute!

I'm also absolutely shocked we don't have another PG rated fart fest that destroys some classic cartoon series out this summer.
Drtooth, maybe they could have done that sort of thing instead of releasing this straight to theaters. Those make tons of money in theaters and on DVD. Take the Alvin and the Chipmunks for example. They are usually the top family film at the box office when they come out, and people like to watch those movies in their cars (mostly tweens). I would've liked to see a live action U.S. Acres movie in theaters than this abomination.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
I'm surprised it wasn't on DVD already, frankly. I'm sure this will go straight to the discount bin...
Heck, (US) Amazon's price is a mere $13. They're also the only site I could find that lists the thing.

...and it's primary audience will be people who think they can handle watching it for the lulz.
Think is most certianly the key word there!
HOW BOUT DEM BUBBLEZ?!?!?!?!?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Heck, (US) Amazon's price is a mere $13. They're also the only site I could find that lists the thing
Of course, less than 2 months from it's release and Amazon's the only spot that has it. Kenn Viselman must be on the top of his game. I bet he's personally making the DVDs and they'll all smell like home printer ink. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Drtooth, maybe they could have done that sort of thing instead of releasing this straight to theaters. Those make tons of money in theaters and on DVD. Take the Alvin and the Chipmunks for example. They are usually the top family film at the box office when they come out, and people like to watch those movies in their cars (mostly tweens). I would've liked to see a live action U.S. Acres movie in theaters than this abomination.
The first Chipmunks movie, poor casting of Dave aside, was actually pretty enjoyable. David Cross pretty much carries the film. The second one was meh, a good portion of the movie was good, but the Dave's Nephew stuff was terrible and seems pasted in last moment. I refuse to acknowledge the third one (I got the Happy Meal figures, though).

I wouldn't hold out too much hope for Orson's farm. It's an international favorite, it didn't really do much over here. Plus, Jim Davis seems to pretty much wave that aside, even though they finally got some recognition on the Garfield web site. But if a U.S. Acres movie is anything like the Garfield ones, I'll pass.