Favorite Electric Mayhem songs?

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Correct. I never knew Joe wrote so many Muppet Show/movie songs. I am more familiar with his work on Sesame Street (e.g. Being Green, C is for Cookie, Somebody Come and Play, Sing, etc.).
Nightlife is a great song, but too short for me (only a minute & a half). I wish Jim & the crew recorded a longer version, like 3:00 or so.

I also just remembered the interlude from the song "Happiness Hotel," after Zoot explains why Animal is upset. (He missed the Rembrandt exhibit at the National Gallery! LOL) I know that this song may be a stretch, but the EM did "perform" it for Kermit. Plus, Janice, Zoot, Lips, & Animal all get solos...there aren't many things better than that.
Joe did Muppet Show songs? Which ones? I remember Zoots' line but didn't get the joke. What is the Rembrandt exhibit? And is The National Gallery like an art gallery? I think I might know what the gag is but I'm not 100% sure.

cjd874

Reaction score
Joe did Muppet Show songs? Which ones? I remember Zoots' line but didn't get the joke. What is the Rembrandt exhibit? And is The National Gallery like an art gallery? I think I might know what the gag is but I'm not 100% sure.
I know that Joe composed the "At the Dance" theme music. He might have done a few one-shot songs, too, but I think he mostly did SS songs. But he did compose all the songs in The Great Muppet Caper, including "The First Time It Happens," "Happiness Hotel", "Couldn't We Ride," "Night Life," and "Hey, A Movie!"

Rembrandt was a famous European artist, and I think the National Gallery is an art gallery. So it is ironic that a guy like Animal would want to see an art exhibit. :smile:
But what matters is that the Electric Mayhem kick butt in that musical interlude.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Plus Animal is a huge fan of Bambi as well as small bunny rabbits. lol

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
I have a bunch on songs I like. I especially enjoy listening to Zoot and Rowlf play together as they do in this clip:

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
And this one is especially lovely, complete with Rowlf weeping at the end.
Yeah. That's a good one too. I found a lot of At the Dance clips on youtube that I enjoy. I even put them all together in a playlist.

cjd874

Reaction score
Decided to repost this from the "Favorite Zoot moment" thread:
I just came across these as well:
Anne Murray sings and the EM (sans Animal) back her up.
and I REALLY LOVE Zoot's gritty sax solo in the Chopin number.
:big_grin:: All right! Honk it! Honk it! (I think that's what Dr. Teeth says to Zoot.)

*P.S. The Chopin cover is sheer GENIUS. Love the '70s synthesizers, funky guitar, and the aformentioned sax solo. And Sam's reaction at the end is priceless.
:halo:: CHOPIN!!! CHOPIN!!! XD

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
Decided to repost this from the "Favorite Zoot moment" thread:
I just came across these as well:
Anne Murray sings and the EM (sans Animal) back her up.
and I REALLY LOVE Zoot's gritty sax solo in the Chopin number.
:big_grin:: All right! Honk it! Honk it! (I think that's what Dr. Teeth says to Zoot.)

*P.S. The Chopin cover is sheer GENIUS. Love the '70s synthesizers, funky guitar, and the aformentioned sax solo. And Sam's reaction at the end is priceless.
:halo:: CHOPIN!!! CHOPIN!!! XD
That's one of my favorites! I've come across of a lot of them lately while searching youtube. I'll post them later :cool:

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
I love this one. Made alot of muppet stuff into ringtones :cool: Check out Zoot_Rowlf on pisamba.com if you want to download them onto your phone.