Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

Slackbot

Reaction score
I saw that commercial (and a few others) on the Wreck-it Ralph website before the film opened.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't know what you're talking about. I'm looking at the next Citizen Kane.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
This Weekend's Actuals, Sorry They Took Long
1 The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey WB $84,617,303
2 Rise of the Guardians P/DW $7,143,445
3 Lincoln BV $7,033,132
4 Skyfall Sony $6,555,732
5 Life of Pi Fox $5,413,066
6 The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 Sum. $5,136,074
7 Wreck-It Ralph BV $3,216,043
8 Playing for Keeps FD $3,146,443
9 Red Dawn (2012) FD $2,408,882
10 Silver Linings Playbook Wein. $2,109,274
11 Flight Par. $1,910,666
12 Argo WB $1,170,1

Drtooth

Reaction score
A Smurfs sequel???!!!
WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS???
You realize that they planned a sequel the second the Box Office receipts for that came in, right? The movie was meh, which is frankly better than it looked. Hank Azaria carried the whole thing, and there still was no call to bring them into the "real world." I'm pretty annoyed they're doing the same with the sequel, but considering I did nothing but blow up at the first movie and actually didn't hate it, I'll keep my mouth shut. Even though this one's just Hangover 2ing.

It's till better than Yogi Bear. That was really bad. It's a sad thing that the human cast pretty much made the Smurf movie tolerable, but the human cast took the Yogi Bear movie and destroyed it with their suckiness.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Teaser Of Dreamworks Turbo Has Been Posted, And I Can't Even See It Because My Mom Spilled Chocolate Milk All Over My Computer, Anyways, You're Probaly Wondering What I'm Using Right Now, Well, I'm Using My PS3, Anyways. Back On Topic, Here's The Link
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98280
And If You Have iTunes, Then You're Good

Drtooth

Reaction score
Teaser Of Dreamworks Turbo Has Been Posted, And I Can't Even See It Because My Mom Spilled Chocolate Milk All Over My Computer, Anyways, You're Probaly Wondering What I'm Using Right Now, Well, I'm Using My PS3, Anyways. Back On Topic, Here's The Link
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98280
And If You Have iTunes, Then You're Good
You're lucky. You didn't see it. Yeah, I'm going to complain and then wind up seeing it and maybe liking it... but it's a pretty stupid concept and a desperate attempt to get that sweet, sweet Cars money. Dreamworks went back to it's Sharktales roots for this one. I just hope Peabody and Sherman is good. At the very least, let's not try to be worse than Dudley Do-Right.

When this movie comes out, I'll say to people (to quote Wreck-It Ralph,)
"You're not going to Turbo, are you?"
You know what? No one has been able to put 2 and 2 together. The first character to say "Going Turbo" was M. Bison from Street Fighter... or should I say Street Fighter 2 Turbo.