Is there a new Rowlf plush?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Wow, Rowlf and Bunsen!!! Gotta track these down, though I reeeeeeally hope Disney Store or Toys'R'Us will just include Rowlf (and Scooter! and Dr. Teeth!) in a hopeful 2nd series of plush. :big_grin:

Hubert

Reaction score
I had no idea that a Rowlf was made in 2011...I really need a Rowlf plush, so even if he isn't in the greatest proportions, I'll still look out for him. :sympathy:

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
This Rowlf was released earlier than 2011. From what I can recall, he first started showing up online in early 2009. He was released by a South American Department store chain called Falabella -- they're in Chile, Argentina, Peru and Columbia -- as a part of a promotion that also included plushes of Kermit, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Gonzo and Animal (i.e. the "usuals"). I am unclear on how the promotion worked, as I don't speak a lick of Spanish, but I assume it was a purchase-with-purchase kind of thing. Each of the characters was released in a number of different sizes, and I've been hunting them down over the past 3 years.

I actually have three Miss Piggys (18-inch, 9-inch, and a hand puppet), two Gonzos (24-inch & 18-inch), three Fozzies (24-inch, 16-inch and 9-inch), two Animals (24-inch and 13-inch), and two Rowlfs (15-inch and 8-inch) in my personal collection. And yes, a 24-inch Rowlf was on eBay a few weeks back; at the time, I did not realize that I was missing that one, or I would have bid! The only character that I am missing entirely is Kermit who was, frankly, kind of scary looking.

So no, Rowlf is not entirely new... but he IS pretty hard to track down. Hope that helps!

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
BTW, the Bunsen, Beaker & Chef in the blog that MuppetPerson linked to are NOT a part of this line -- those are Sababa Beanies. Interestingly enough, I got a few of the ones in my collection from A-na Toys!

muppetperson

Reaction score
This Rowlf was released earlier than 2011. From what I can recall, he first started showing up online in early 2009. He was released by a South American Department store chain called Falabella -- they're in Chile, Argentina, Peru and Columbia -- as a part of a promotion that also included plushes of Kermit, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Gonzo and Animal (i.e. the "usuals"). I am unclear on how the promotion worked, as I don't speak a lick of Spanish, but I assume it was a purchase-with-purchase kind of thing. Each of the characters was released in a number of different sizes, and I've been hunting them down over the past 3 years.

I actually have three Miss Piggys (18-inch, 9-inch, and a hand puppet), two Gonzos (24-inch & 18-inch), three Fozzies (24-inch, 16-inch and 9-inch), two Animals (24-inch and 13-inch), and two Rowlfs (15-inch and 8-inch) in my personal collection. And yes, a 24-inch Rowlf was on eBay a few weeks back; at the time, I did not realize that I was missing that one, or I would have bid! The only character that I am missing entirely is Kermit who was, frankly, kind of scary looking.

So no, Rowlf is not entirely new... but he IS pretty hard to track down. Hope that helps!
Travis, you really need to lock into that Muppet Collectibles Guide that you have been thinking about. If anybody was to release one, with your knowledge, you are the one to do it!:smile::wisdom: