Dr.Teeth and the Time Before the Mayhem

fictionalnice

Reaction score
A/N: Ok so! Holidays are starting and I am going on vacation! But! Do not worry I will try my best to get the next chappy up by next monday! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
Ch.18

Not too long later the small gaggle of guys arrived at Floyd’s house, chatting away as though they had been friends for years. “Pop! Hey Pop! You home?” Floyd called out dropping his coat and bag by the door as Zoot and Eugene copied him. Shrugging Floyd played it off “He must still be at work…Well! Come along now you gotta meet my pride and joy!”

Sharing a look Zoot and Eugene followed Floyd up the stairs of his clean old French style home. “There you are!” Floyd shouted out in strange happiness; as he threw the door open to his room, which was like any young teens room, posters of bands on the walls, cloths on the floor and piles of cd’s and records strewn everywhere, and last but not least an old style beautiful base guitar with a bright cherry red amp sitting next to each other.

“Aw! Don’t cry! Daddy’s home now!” Floyd shouted out kneeling by his guitar and murmuring into the neck. Eugene just laughed “Floyd, you gotta get out and meet people!” Zoot grinned looking around Floyd’s room “Look who’s talking Mr. Sweater vest.” Eugene’s jaw dropped as Floyd laughed falling onto the floor, “Hey! They happen to be comfortable!”

but Zoot merely ignored his protesting friend with a smug grin “Oh that reminds me!” Floyd shouted out jumping to his feet “To the ATTIC!!!” Zoot raised an eyebrow as Floyd grabbed Eugene’s arm and ran from the room shouting “Come along saxophonist!” shaking his head Zoot followed the two down the hallway.

“Floyd! Let go! I am capable of walking!” Eugene protested loudly as Floyd flung a door open at the end of the hallway in an overzealous manor and jogged up the stairs throwing that door open in a similar manor. “TA-DA!!” He exclaimed, Zoot whispered in aw “Holey box room…” Eugene spluttered “Pack ratin much?” Floyd had a huge attic with dusty boxes all labeled and stacked in piles, racks and racks of cloths, a book shelf with pair after pair of shoes, and more.

“Ever heard the term garage sale Floyd?” Eugene teased walking around the attic; Floyd rolled his eyes and pulled Eugene over toward the several racks of clothing. “If I did that then you wouldn’t get a sweet new wardrobe!”

Zoot shook his head this was going to take a while. Eugene on the other hand was starting to think this whole thing over. The last thing he wanted was more torment at school. He never knew when he got so timid but…he was. “Um Floyd, I’m starting to have a little bit of doubt.”

Eugene whined a little as Floyd began to ruffle through a rack of long sleeved shirts. “What! Come one man! You need different style wear man!” Eugene merely blushed shoving his hands in his pockets “I know but-” Floyd cut him off

“Just try some stuff on! If you don’t like it then you don’t have to take it…alright man?” Zoot shoved his friends shoulder slightly “It can’t hurt Eugene.” Taking a deep nerve calming breath Eugene nodded “Alright…Lets do this.” Shouting out a victory shout Floyd set to work.

~~~~~~~~

“Quit laughing pepper! It ain’t funny!” Dr. Teeth complained as Floyd fell back onto the sofa roaring with laughter “Aw come on man! You dressed like a lawyer man! And you wanted to stay that way!” Zoot shook his head slightly as Lips commented

“And I thought Dr. Teeth had a big mouth .” this time it was Dr. Teeth’s turn to laugh at the look on Floyd’s face, “Oh come on now you know he- OW!” Floyd shouted out as Janice smacked him upside the head “Be like nice Floyd!” Floyd frowned as animal laughed at him “I’m just kidding babe!” Kermit smiled at their joking while Gonzo asked “So how did you get him to dress in different clothing?”

Floyd stretched his arms above his head and continued with the story sending Dr. Teeth a smile “Well it was a heck of a lot of arguing but in time I finally got Eugene to try on some clothing.”

~~~~~~~

“NO WAY!”

“Oh come on man! It’ll be SO hip!”

“It’s got flowers on it! NO!”

“But you’ll be setting a sweet new fashion statement!”

“OH yeah! Real sweet fashion statement! Loser and lack of coordination! Sweet combo!”

“Don’t talk like that big teeth! You can totally pull this off!”

“Oh for frustration sake’s!”

“Just try it! Please man! You’ll love this! I know it!”

Zoot groaned in frustration he was sitting on the floor leaning up against some boxes Floyd and Eugene had been arguing about clothing for a while now. It was starting to get very irritating, “It can’t be worse than what you wear now man.” Floyd spoke quickly holding a pile of cloth’s in his arms. Throwing his head back Eugene took them from Floyd

“Alright, alright! I’ll try them on!” but before Eugene could make any more moves they all heard this loud screaming “Floyd! Floyd! FLOYD!!! SON WERE ARE YOU!!!” perking up Floyd gasped “Aw crud! My pops home!” taking the cloth’s back from Eugene Floyd added them to this large box of shoes and other clothing he picked out and handed the box to Eugene “Come one guys! You can take this with you Eugene!”

Zoot got to his feet and the three quickly hustled down stairs with Floyd running in front of them. It was a little strange, as soon as Floyd appeared his father Benjamin screamed looking shaken “Son!” and lifted Floyd up into his arms in a bone crushing fatherly hug. “Where were you! I was so worried!!” his father yelled apparently deep in worry.

Zoot cocked an eyebrow and muttered to Eugene “Wish my dad was that happy to see me.” Nodding Eugene smiled as Floyd patted his dad on the back “It’s fine pop I’m fine.” As he mouthed the words to his friends “You should go, I’ll catch up with you guy’s later.” Nodding Eugene replied mouthing “Thanks’ man!” and filled with curiosity about the way Floyd’s father was acting the two left quietly so not to disturbed the over protective parent.

“Huh, I thought my mamma was over protective but holey hugs Ville.” Eugene spoke as they walked the few feet to Eugene’s house Zoot nodded but said nothing. “Eugene! Zoot! Like wait up!” Yelled a high female voice, turning Eugene couldn’t help but notice as Zoot smiled

“Oh hey Janice.” He greeted, it was indeed Janice wearing a short sleeved turtle neck crop top pink shirt, darker purple vest, tight white jeans and a silver buckle belt. She wore a blue coat over her outfit “Hey guys!” She greeted happily “I didn’t know you lived down here!”

Eugene grinned thrown back a little “Me? Wait don’t tell me you live in this neck of the woods?” Janice laughed putting her hands on her hips “Like yeah! I live across the like street!” she laughed pointing to the white house next to Zoot’s. “Well if that ain’t the weirdest thing ever!”

Eugene barked out at this odd coincidence. “Well, no matter we were just heading in for a small study session. Want to join us?” Janice nodded “Like of course!” So with that set into place the three of them headed into Eugene’s house.

fictionalnice

Reaction score
A/N: Another new chappy! Hope you'll love it! Comment please! i love reading your thoughts! Anyway happy holiday! and Enjoy! I am going on vacation tommorrow so I will try to get a new chappy out next week! Ok? BYE!!!
Ch.19

“Aren’t we studying?”

“Like no way! How can we at a time like this Zoot?!”

“NO!NO!NO!NO!!!”

“Come on Eugene! This will be like so totally rad!”

“In what universe Janice?!”

“Ok, like for one! You will look and feel so good! And like two, I know you do so good!”

“Janice! I’ll look and sound like a total loser in front of the whole school!”

“You will not! For real!! Come on! It’s for the school’s music and art’s program! If we don’t get the money then our school will lose the music and arts section for like ever!!! With your talent at this year’s fund raiser! We could totally like win!!! Please Eugene! At least try!”

Eugene groaned throwing his head back in frustration, for about an hour they group studied and talked. But they eventually got onto the topic of the schools up-coming Halloween/fundraiser.

At first the three talked about what they would dress up as but then Janice who was in the debate club knew that the school really needed money. Ever since the school got sued because of a kid slipped on a wet floor and fell down the stairs.

Janice actually convinced the workers at the recreational center to let the school use their main hall for their Halloween/Fundraiser. So happy with her progress the Principle Henson put her in charge of finding several GOOD acts to help raise the money they needed to help out the music/ art center.

Where they took out the money to help out with the law suit, the principles logic was to take the money out of the least important section of the school.

He may have had a point but…the music/art center was more important than anything to ever student and faculty member. So now they came to the point where Janice caught Eugene singing to himself when he was getting a few glasses of water. Immediately she tried to talk him into performing in front of the school and most of the city.

Zoot didn’t help with his random comments on how good Eugene was on the piano, and what good of a voice he had. “Please! Eugene! Like please!! The school needs you! You’re like friends need you!!” Janice begged leaning over the kitchen table placing her hands on his hand.

Zoot shook his head from his seat at the edge of the table, tapping at his chin Zoot spoke up “What if you dressed up then sung for us?” Eugene furrowed his brow as Janice lit up with a squeal

“OH MY GOD!!! LIKE PLEASE!!!”

“Janice-” Eugene began with a heavy sigh but Janice cut him off “Please! Just sing for us!! If you are no good! Even in the least! Then we will like tell you! Please!” Not having the heart to let the poor girl down Eugene held up both hands to calm down riled up Janice who looked as though she might faint.

“Janice!”

“PLEASE!!! Like PLEASE!!!”

“Janice! Calm down!”

“But you don’t get it!”

“I”LL DO IT!!!!” Eugene shouted grabbing both of her hands trying hard to silence her. She took a deep breath holding both hands to her mouth “Like…for real! FOR REAL!!” She smiled tearing up “OH THANK YOU!!!” Janice shouted out jumping over the table and hugging the surprised red head.

Zoot snickered as Eugene fell back out of his chair accidently taking a surprised Janice with him. They fell to the ground with a loud thud. “Ooops…like sorry.” She smiled nervously pushing herself up. Eugene groaned getting to his feet, picking up his chair “Don’t worry about it Jan-” just then the front door slammed shut

“HONEY!!! I’M HOME!!! HAHAHA!!”

Zoot rolled his eyes behind his sunglasses as Eugene cocked an eyebrow quickly stalking out of the kitchen. Janice opened her mouth to ask a question but Zoot just shook his head “Don’t ask.” before the two followed Eugene into the front hall “Haha! I knew this was your house man!”

Floyd exclaimed throwing his coat and bag down onto the ground. Eugene smiled putting his hands on his hips “Ever heard of knocking for one’s privacy Floyd?” he grinned. Floyd scoffed waving a hand at him “We have progressed in our relationship enough big teeth!”

“Will you stop calling me that!” Eugene complained with a frown. Floyd laughed grabbing Eugene’s shoulder as he walked toward the kitchen not noticing Zoot or Janice “So when ya both left my dad was ALL over me! Oh you wouldn’t even believe! He was so like ‘Young man! Why weren’t you at school!’ so I said ‘I walked home with some new buddies!’ but then he said ‘That doesn’t matter! You’re supposed to wait for me at school!’” Eugene didn’t know what to say as Floyd led him into the kitchen.

Floyd walked around the table and opened the fridge “But I was like ‘dad! I can walk home on my own! What’s the worst that can happen?!’Man your fridge is empty!” Zoot pulled Floyd away from the fridge with scowl.

Eugene crossed his arms across his chest, as Floyd continued “And do you know what he said next man? He said…he said…” but Floyd trailed off when he saw Janice standing in the doorway looking split between confusion and irritation.

With a large grin the annoying ginger strutted over to her ruffling his hair “And who may you be beautiful?” Eugene clapped a hand over his mouth as he tried not to laugh at how stupid Floyd looked.

Zoot seemed to notice as he walked over to Eugene and quickly pressed his face into the taller’s shoulder, trying hard to stifle his laugh. Floyd had his chest puffed out as he quickly took of his hat and brushed his red hair back. Janice stepped back with a humored smile, putting a hand on her hip

“I’m Janice…Zoot’s neighbor, from like, across the street.” Floyd laughed over his shoulder at Eugene and Zoot naively not realizing how hard they tried not to hurt their new friends feelings “AW yeah! I’m liking this little town more every second!” Floyd stepped forward trying to get himself somewhere with the blond in front of him “So how about we do something?”

Janice slyly smiled placing a hand on his shoulder, very interested with this new guy but sarcastically remarked non-the-less “How about you go somewhere, and fix that big ego of yours!” At that comment Eugene burst out laughing, “ouch rough babe!” Floyd frowned with a wink at her pretending to be severely hurt as his hands flew to his chest “Doesn’t mean I’ll quit.”

Eugene whipped his eyes as Floyd chuckled shaking her hand sealing the new intro in the little group “Any way Floyd this is Janice. Janice this is the new guy.” Janice walked around Floyd before picking up her glass of water from the table with a light pink tint to her cheek “Where’d you find this one?” she asked. With a shrug Eugene answered shoving playfully at Floyd’s shoulder “I don’t know he kinda latched onto me.”

“I resent that toothy!” Floyd sneered leaning forward toward him, flinching Eugene complained “Why do you do that?!” Floyd leaned against the counter with a humorous yet thoughtful gleam in his eyes tapping the counter with his knuckles “I don’t know I’m trying to give you a sweet nick name that will stick, but it isn’t going over so well.”

Zoot grabbed Eugene’s wrist to get the group back on track so his friend couldn’t weasel out of his promise “Anyway, come one Eugene. Let’s get this show started.” Floyd jumped forward eagerly just remembering all the clothing and plans they made “Oh yeah! Let’s get this fashion personality show started!”

Janice nodded clapping her hands together grabbing his other wrist hopefully while Floyd began to push him out of the kitchen as Zoot and Janice pulled. Like trying to get a dog to take a bath they all knew this wouldn’t be easy. Especially Eugene who immediately tried to get away from these new people he was beginning to see as his friends.

It may have been weird but…Eugene found himself loving ever second.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Loved the part where Floyd flirted with Janice and she rejected him. (It won't be long until she falls for him, though. :wink: ) I'm really enjoying this story! Please continue.

fictionalnice

Reaction score
Thanks! You just made my night! And i couldn't help but write it that way!

fictionalnice

Reaction score
I only hope the characters are kept as jim henson created them...I wouldn''t feel right changing them. You know?