Rare Behind the Scenes Film

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I've seen this a month or two ago. Seems some of this was used in "Being Elmo". Interesting to see The Muppet Show on film... A wonderful upload!

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Outstanding footage!

I loved the part of Ernie and Simon Soundman were talking about what a tree sounds like! LOL! :smile:

I didn't know that they did practice tests while performing the characters, but it's an interesting watch!

Vincent L

Reaction score
I wonder how/where Historic Films get this stuff?

Hubert

Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty awesome stuff right there. Neat to see some of the developmental process of Emmett Otter, and the Simon Soundman sketch practicing...

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Outstanding footage!

I loved the part of Ernie and Simon Soundman were talking about what a tree sounds like! LOL! :smile:

I didn't know that they did practice tests while performing the characters, but it's an interesting watch!
I didn't know they were rehearsing in front of a mirror backstage. Jim, Jerry, and Frank were very talented.

R.I.P Jim & Jerry (sighs) That scene made me laugh. Hehehehehe!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I didn't know they were rehearsing in front of a mirror backstage. Jim and Jerryand Frank were very talented.

R.I.P Jim & Jerry (sighs) That scene made me laugh. Hehehehehe!
Oh sure. Puppeteers always do that.

cjd874

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with all the Emmet Otter characters that Jim, Richard, and Jerry were performing...can someone please name them for me? I think they are part of the Riverbottom Nightmare Band...
Great to see that scene with Kermit and Fozzie from the classic Rita Moreno episode of MS, and that skit with Simon Soundman and Ernie. Does anyone know if that particular skit made it to the air?

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with all the Emmet Otter characters that Jim, Richard, and Jerry were performing...can someone please name them for me? I think they are part of the Riverbottom Nightmare Band...
Great to see that scene with Kermit and Fozzie from the classic Rita Moreno episode of MS, and that skit with Simon Soundman and Ernie. Does anyone know if that particular skit made it to the air?
These Emmet Otter characters were apart of the Riverbottom Nightmare Band, except for Yancy Woodchuck. Jim Henson did Howard Snake, Jerry Nelson did Stanley Weasel and Yancy Woodchuck, and Richard Hunt did Fred Lizard.

I'm not sure if that Simon Soundman skit went on air. I looked at Simon Soundman's page on Muppet Wiki and there was one early sketch with Simon Soundman (with brown hair and mustache) and Ernie.